Looking for a repair manual

Omni

Reaction score
Good Evening All
Looking for a repair manual for a '65 tilt column.The FSM does not cover it (not that I could find).
Thanks to all who respond.
Omni

Good Evening All
Looking for a repair manual for a '65 tilt column.The FSM does not cover it (not that I could find).
Thanks to all who respond.
Omni
http://jholst.net/tilt-wheel/1964-tilt-wheel.pdf

And these may help. They are more about the Bowden tube and turn signals, but there's usually some tidbits that will help. BTW, I bought my 300L from Bob and he's not this exciting in person.

Thanks for the videos and advisories, @Big_John . I knew that '64 had a tilt wheel, that '66 was the first year for tilt/telescope, but had never looked to see what '65 had.

CBODY67

Thanks for the videos and advisories, @Big_John . I knew that '64 had a tilt wheel, that '66 was the first year for tilt/telescope, but had never looked to see what '65 had.

CBODY67
Yea, I don't know when or why they changed back and forth. Since they were GM sourced, there might have been something the bean counters at GM did or who knows. It was before the collapsible columns (1967?) but it might have been something to do with that on the horizon. For all we know, some buyer for Chrysler forgot to check the box "tilt" when he ordered the columns.

The Cadillac/Olds/Buick people have tips and tech for that column. Also, the turn signal switches that mount at the bottom of the column are WAY cheaper to source through that camp than the Mopar version, which is otherwise identical.

Back