looking for side moldings for a 1972 chrysler newport custom ( green color trim )

ricks_RR

Reaction score
i need help looking for the outside molding for a 72 newport custom 2 door green if i can find it if not any color i can dye it .

Do you have the parts numbers? Your best bet may be to find a 2dr being parted. If I find one, I'll give you a heads up; if you do, please give me a heads up (I would not mind having a spare parts car for Buttercup, my 1972 NYB two-door).

i will let you know thank you for your help.
i dont have the part numbers for it .

Each model level of Chrysler had different side moldings. So model is important, not just body style.

Enjoy!
CBODY67

holy crap you guys are the best i will look at it .i am hoping i can find the stuff it would make the car so much better .
thank you for all your help

ricks_RR

holy crap you guys are the best i will look at it .i am hoping i can find the stuff it would make the car so much better .
thank you for all your help

ricks_RR
As you look for the correct parts, make sure that you also look into what clips (if any) you would be using. There are a number of threads about the correct clips, and how hard they are to find for some (most?) of the fusies. Your '72 Newport Custom looks like it has very smooth flanks, and I personally would be leery of drilling anything. At the same time, though I do not know if using double-sided tape might be an option. @saforwardlook @Big_John @david hill @71Polara383

when i bought the car there was a bag of clips in the truck so i do have something to work with

I am able to only find passenger side only for moulding. Not able to find anything for driver's side.
Can someone direct me to driver's side information?

Just to be clear, you need every single piece of side moldings for your car or just the driver door or ?????? If you get the part numbers of the parts you need and you really need them all, it won't be cheap if going for nos ones (which should have the clips with them when you get each piece).

If you need just one or two moldings and want nos, then I can look them up for you and tell you which vendors will have them.

when i bought the car there was a bag of clips in the truck so i do have something to work with
If you can photograph the clips in the bag of clips you have. Posted here on this thread. And I will see if I can help you identify them. The rocker molding clips are very distinctive.

Back