Luggage racks?

70 is the 1st year i recall seeing factory Mopar trunk racks. "E" bodies offered that option and in 71 the option was added to "B" bodies. We had the rack on our 71 Satellite. Didn't work well with my ski rack.
Those dealer installed racks look like J.C.Whitney fare.
My brother had a '70 Charger R/T that had a factory luggage rack.
A buddy had a dealer ac unit put in his brand new 70 Challenger. It was a sixpack pistol grip car and i believe factory air was not available with his options combo.
Correct, factory A/C was not available on '70 Challengers with a 4-speed, or a Sixpack.
My unit is for sale.
:wtf:I've heard of them being rented, but not sold! :p

1973 Chrysler Newport

01212_2rjvy9d6ykw_600x450-jpg.18459

That is a beautiful car, but the luggage rack just doesn't look right to me on a car that size.. A / B bodies yes.. it's like putting a luggage rack on top of the cruise ship. If you ain't got enough room in the trunk of a C body, you need to rethink your packing and hire a moving company.. lol

I can fit a full size spare and 6 dead hookers in my 66 ny'er. I dont think many people needed much more room than that.

I can fit a full size spare and 6 dead hookers in my 66 ny'er. I dont think many people needed much more room than that.
That's the first thing people say when they see my car "you can fit like 10 dead bodies in there"

Thought about getting one of those hands that stick out of the trunk you see on cars around Halloween time

That's the first thing people say when they see my car "you can fit like 10 dead bodies in there"

Thought about getting one of those hands that stick out of the trunk you see on cars around Halloween time

That's funny!! Being here in NY, I get that question CONSTANTLY... "How many bodies can you fit in that trunk?" Must be a Mafia thing.. lol

Back