Made it into the 12s

Reaction score
So happy with this car. My goal when I started building this car was a streeter that could hold it's own at the track. I wanted it to run sub 13 sec. Our best pass was 13.17 back in June at Island Dragway.
Went to Cecil yesterday hoping for a 12.xx & went home with a 12.72 . Awesome day with my oldest son & a good friend. I think the car has more in it but maybe I'll find out next season.

20241025_114039.jpg

20241026_054249.jpg

FB_IMG_1729955333055.jpg

Nice! The car looks great in the bottom photo.

Drag racing full size cars was standard practice in the early sixties, but it's quite a niche thing these days.

Jeff

One of the things I see in drag racing pics that I never used to see at the tracks. Hub caps!!

Always had to remove them for tech and I've seen guys tossed off the line for forgetting to do that. No hub caps, wheel covers, trim rings etc. Even at the "outlaw" track I ran at on Saturday nights.

Getting the big car into the 12's is pretty good!

16 years ago when my old 70 Polara 4dr made it's last trip down the track I was rewarded with a 12.54 @107 in the quarter. Something special about a big car going fast.The looks at the track were priceless. I did other things after that maybe would have made it a couple of tenths faster but never made it back to the track.

Congratulations on yours! If you care to share what are the specs on yours?

16 years ago when my old 70 Polara 4dr made it's last trip down the track I was rewarded with a 12.54 @107 in the quarter. Something special about a big car going fast.The looks at the track were priceless. I did other things after that maybe would have made it a couple of tenths faster but never made it back to the track.

That's a great run.
Thank you.
I've done a bunch . It's a stock crank/rods 10.3.1 440 , torker 2 intake , bowl blended Stealth heads
Bullet HR 242/248 .516.520 112lsa
Hooker headers , TTI 3"exhaust
46rh , FMVB, 3000 Stall
Ford 9 with 4.11 gears. Mono leafs and caltracs.

What was your combo. Stroker I'm assuming ?

One of the things I see in drag racing pics that I never used to see at the tracks. Hub caps!!

Always had to remove them for tech and I've seen guys tossed off the line for forgetting to do that. No hub caps, wheel covers, trim rings etc. Even at the "outlaw" track I ran at on Saturday nights.

Getting the big car into the 12's is pretty good!
Thank you.
I've actually never been asked to take my hubcap off for a tech inspection. Although I've heard of it .
1 inspector mentioned, next time you need to pull the caps . I offered to remove them right then & he said don't bother. ‍♂️
But I've only been to 3 tracks . I'm sure others are more strict

Nice! The car looks great in the bottom photo.

Drag racing full size cars was standard practice in the early sixties, but it's quite a niche thing these days.

Jeff
Thank you.
Yes it's a rarity to see a full size car at the strip. I love seeing an old caddy / lincoln / impala at the track.

Last edited:
Back