Maple Grove Mega Mopar Action - Feedback Wanted

Rob_Mopar

Reaction score
I'm the president of the Delaware Valley Mopar Association. The DVMA is the car club that has been handling the show field duties for the Maple Grove for the Mega Mopar Action shows.

All parties involved with the event want to improve it for next year. I'm looking for feedback on this year's event. I'd like feedback from both participants (show car people, racers & vendors) and spectators.

Constructive criticism is welcomed. Blanket complaints ("Too expensive! They want it to fail!") doesn't do anything to improve the show next year. Please be specific.

If you believe something was too expensive, please give an example (car show entry, spectator tickets, racing fees, etc.).

If you have attended a similar show that you felt was superior, please state what was better about that show vs. the show at the Grove.

I'll be posting feedback requests on a few Mopar forums. It might take me some time to reply to any questions, so please be patient if I don't get a chance to respond right away.

Thanks,
Rob McCall
President, Delaware Valley Mopar Association

I attend a number of events at Maple Grove annually. I normally go to the National NHRA race and always go to the Northeast Outlaw Promod Association races. I was planning to go to Mega Mopar show until a chronic injury flared up.

The National NHRA race is pretty much standard fare compared to the other NHRA races - no problem.

The ProMod races are over the top and very reasonable at $25. There's usually a car show at those events too, I just attend the race if it's a Chevy or Ford car show.

I thought the Mega Mopar show was a little on the expensive side $25 plus another $10 to see the race. That's too much in my opinion. I think you would of had a lot more cars show up for the car show if the show was $10 plus $10 for the race, same if someone came just for the race $20. I just went to the Mid Atlantic Mopar show at Mason Dixon Dragway and I think it was $10 or $20 for the show and the race was free. There was a lot of show and race cars there. I don't know how you share revenue with the track. Again, just my opinion.

Last edited:
I went to the show... there were very few cars at the show field... I think maybe not enough advertising...

I went to the show... there were very few cars at the show field... I think maybe not enough advertising...

I dont see it. A lot of people are saying that on the Moparts board. This was the only time I have ever heard a radio ad for an all Mopar event. Oh it was advertised.......

And thanks for your concern Rob. I had wanted to go to this show last year and this year, I didnt make either. A big reason for not was it was too close to the Carlisle date. Not enough money for both events.

Thanks guys. The proximity time wise to Carlisle has been brought up. It was even closer to Carlisle last year. We're looking into what the options are for next year.

The advertising didn't exactly hit the mark, but I know a few people said they came out because they heard the ads on the radio. But that was only a couple days earlier.

We don't share any revenue with the track. Our club volunteered to manage the show field for Maple Grove.

I met with the track manager today and the track is committed to this show and wants to see it succeed. They have been open to the feedback I've collected so far, and we'll be working with them to promote it better next year.

Back