MC or Booster??

300rag

It's Not Going to Shift Itself
Reaction score
I have found that after applying the brakes the pedal does not always return on it's own and leave the brakes applied. Sometimes I will have to pull it back up with my toe. The brakes don't appear to be acting abnormally other than this. I am just not sure where to start. Suggestions??

Best shots I have right now of the MC/booster

1e1a0c26-ef67-4809-a2be-8098916d39c7_zpsd807d5b4.jpg

8aa1d3f4-6953-4a8a-b784-790de083b7b5_zpsd27a051e.jpg

Guess I'll rebuild my spare and swap it out. I really hate crawling under the dash to work those nuts though.

Man, that does suck!!!!!!!!!!!
A complete assortment or 1/4" drive sockets, deep sockets, flex sockets, u-joints, extensions of varying lengths, a bunch of LED lights, and band-aids will do the trick, though.

Man, that does suck!!!!!!!!!!!
A complete assortment or 1/4" drive sockets, deep sockets, flex sockets, u-joints, extensions of varying lengths, a bunch of LED lights, and band-aids will do the trick, though.

Got it without the band-aids, but not without the sore twisted back today. That upper right nut was a b!tch, and I hate to say it, but that third pedal gets in the way too.

You should pretty much know if you fixed the problem by time you leave the driveway.

Back