Miscellaneous Question about Headliner trim

EurekaSevven

Reaction score
Felt good today so I went out and got some pictures about a question I had about the side of the roof, where the doors are: you have these slots where something was obviously supposed to snap in, I don't know if this was for the actual headliner itself or a metallic trim piece that would go over it. I lean towards headliner because every Newport I see online that's a C-Body just has trim with no chrome trim over the doors. Just wanted clarification as I haven't fished for a build sheet yet.

The passenger side:
k3NwFLX.jpg

I42z6EK.jpg

Driver side:
Jei5frH.jpg

vjoAp3W.jpg

As far as I know, the only thing you are missing is some of the headliner bows. I don't have any sedans, so I can't tell you how many bows it should have.

Jeff

As far as I know, the only thing you are missing is some of the headliner bows. I don't have any sedans, so I can't tell you how many bows it should have.
I have the other 2 (or another one I think) - I just have it elsewhere.
Mainly my curiosity stemmed from how some cars of the time period, such as the Chevy Impala, had a metal trim piece running above the door under the headliner - it seems Chrysler never had those from the pictures I could gather, and if they did not for this model year (1968).
Example of what I mean:
p9RCU4g.png

This car in question is a 64 Impala, I don't really know if other GM lines did this - or even if many auto companies did this, such as Ford. I guess it would depend on year/trim level.

Your car would have metal trim over the windows if it was a hardtop and not a sedan.

It wouldn't be chrome though, as Chrysler went to painted interior trim in '68 for safety, to reduce glare.

Jeff

Back