Mopar Radio Identification

amazinblue82

Old Man with a Hat
FCBO Gold Member
Reaction score
Can anyone help me/tell me how to identify this part? Pretty sure its a Mopar part. Thanks in advance.

20200107_160021.jpg
20200107_165712.jpg

No part number on it Ray?

Flat faceplate, not a '68 Chrysler. Thumbwheel ID in the faceplate, not a '69-'73 Chrysler, either. Process of elimination, for now, I'd suspect the best thing to do is to go through the order guides and such at www.hamtramck-historical.com and possibly some online sales brochures for '68-'69 Coronets or Belvederes.

When produced, there was a paper tag glued to the upper cover for part number and other ID codes. But it's apparently long gone by now.

I found an old, comprehensive illustrated parts catalog for the radios that Delco produced, including for non-GM makes. Delco sourced the search tuners which Chrysler used, according to it, and probably the 8-trach tape units, too. Vehicle brand applications, radio types, and model years. Quite interesting! Plus the parts it took to repair them.

Just some thoughts,
CBODY67

Identifying Car Radios
Here is an interesting site. I am working with a b-body Chrysler 8-track. Yours looks similar to the ‘68-‘69 b’s.(edit: now I know it’s not).
This is what I have. So far the white radio station id #’s were painted and polished, two dials were rechromed and a new belt was bought and installed. I haven’t seen any three #’s stamped part number, only paper information.

B25E9E08-3600-4EEA-9C75-0A59E8B47F65.jpeg

E7481D14-0669-44C1-8263-E4F1508FA81E.jpeg

3E7C753E-E850-4518-BF6B-47C4DCE7F077.jpeg

Last edited:
The radio in question is not a b-body radio.

The one above in post #9 is a 69-70 b-body radio. Look at the chrome faceplate, there are many differences.

The one above in post #9 is a 69-70 b-body radio. Look at the chrome faceplate, there are many differences.
Ahh, now I notice the dial labels, volume, tune, bal, tone. Also the thumbwheels are farther out. Nice looking faceplate though.

Read post #6.
Radio in question in OP post is a 68 Polara/Monaco unit. (It will fit 67 Polara/Monaco.)
One year only unit.
68 first year for 8-track and of course the Fusies came along next model year along with redesigned radio faceplates,etc.
Cheers

Flat faceplate, not a '68 Chrysler. Thumbwheel ID in the faceplate, not a '69-'73 Chrysler, either. Process of elimination, for now, I'd suspect the best thing to do is to go through the order guides and such at www.hamtramck-historical.com and possibly some online sales brochures for '68-'69 Coronets or Belvederes.

When produced, there was a paper tag glued to the upper cover for part number and other ID codes. But it's apparently long gone by now.

I found an old, comprehensive illustrated parts catalog for the radios that Delco produced, including for non-GM makes. Delco sourced the search tuners which Chrysler used, according to it, and probably the 8-trach tape units, too. Vehicle brand applications, radio types, and model years. Quite interesting! Plus the parts it took to repair them.

Just some thoughts,
CBODY67

Can anyone help me/tell me how to identify this part? Pretty sure its a Mopar part. Thanks in advance.

View attachment 346313 View attachment 346312
I am the owner of said radio. Ray was good enough to try to find out about it for me. I have found a stamped number on the casing, and a paper tag on the inside. Hope they help. Thanks all, Bob

20200120_134357.jpg

20200120_134530.jpg

Back