Mopar Spring Fling in Stade (Festung Grauerort) pictures

fc7_plumcrazy

Old Man with a Hat
Reaction score
Hi,

as mentioned in the other thread from the Moparshop Season Opener there was a nice Mopar Show last week in Stade close to Hamburg.

At this show the location is pretty unusual as it is an old Fort (stronghold) buillt between 1869-1879 to protect the harbour of Hamburg in case invaders would try to sail on the river Elbe to it. The Fort is called "Festung Grauerort".If you would like to know more about it and see some pics check this out:
Grauerort fortress - Wikipedia

Around 150 Mopars showed up. It is just for Mopars buillt till 1979 like many Mopar shows overhere. So no spaces get taken up by modern cars. And those that have both (old&new) bring the old cars.

There are way more slabsides in the north than Fuselages.
Here is a rundown starting with the Forwardlook cars

090.JPG

091.JPG

098.JPG

343.JPG

Last edited:
I'm really starting to dig a nice clean 4dr. That 68 Monaco looks sweet!
Nice gathering of big mopars.
Though that 59 Dodge is a bit sinister looking! Love it!

I had to laugh when I saw the "Lil Yellow Express Truck"!
I still have a hulk out in the trees I was going to make into a bright yellow Tweety Express - my ex had a thing for Tweety Bird. Still have the hulk, (mostly untouched), no longer have the wife. Don't think finishing the truck would have changed much and if it would have I'm glad I never did.

IMG_0826.JPG

A gunmetal '70 New Yorker. Nice colour, needs a respray though.
Edit: don't thank me, thank Carsten. I'm just passing along his photo of my favourite ride.

Last edited:
It never ceases to amaze me the love Europeans show for the old American iron. Thanks for sharing. BTW if you catch up to the owner of the 67 Monaco slap him upside the head for lowering the car that much LOL.

It never ceases to amaze me the love Europeans show for the old American iron. Thanks for sharing. BTW if you catch up to the owner of the 67 Monaco slap him upside the head for lowering the car that much LOL.

I will do. With Greetings from Fred:)

Carsten

That just about puts any Mopar show I've been to to absolute, destitute shame with regards to C Body population.
I'm humbled and think I may have to visit Germany again soon.

Back