Moparfest 2024

I was there last year just to check it out (no car on the field). I was there on the Saturday. It was more of a zoo than I remember it being years ago. It was my first time back in maybe 10 years. I saw few C-bodies.

That's where I picked up that stupid stub frame that I'm sure now is for a '65 Fury (or any C-bodies that year with the shorter torsion bars) with the wedge-engine mounts. It's available to anyone that wants it BTW.

I'm 50-50 about going there this year, and if I did I wouldn't bring the Monaco to the field unless there were a bunch of us from FCBO that were planning on being there, otherwise it'd just be a drag for me (yea it's Moparfest but I'd feel like a duck out of water).
The short bar thing I believe is Plymouth only..

Kevin

Kitchener-Waterloo, ON
SPECIAL WEATHER STATEMENT

2:49 PM EDT Friday 16 August 2024

Significant rainfall is expected this weekend.

Hazards:
Local rainfall amounts of 40 to 80 mm.
Rainfall rates of up to 40 mm in an hour.

Timing:
Beginning this evening and continuing through Sunday.

Discussion:
Rain will begin this evening and continue into Sunday. The heaviest rainfall is expected on Saturday. Locally higher amounts are possible Saturday afternoon and evening.

This weather pattern typically brings rapidly changing conditions between sunny skies and heavy downpours. Rainfall warnings may be required and issued on short notice to reflect rapidly changing conditions.

Kitchener-Waterloo, ON
SPECIAL WEATHER STATEMENT

2:49 PM EDT Friday 16 August 2024

Significant rainfall is expected this weekend.

Hazards:
Local rainfall amounts of 40 to 80 mm.
Rainfall rates of up to 40 mm in an hour.

Timing:
Beginning this evening and continuing through Sunday.

Discussion:
Rain will begin this evening and continue into Sunday. The heaviest rainfall is expected on Saturday. Locally higher amounts are possible Saturday afternoon and evening.

This weather pattern typically brings rapidly changing conditions between sunny skies and heavy downpours. Rainfall warnings may be required and issued on short notice to reflect rapidly changing conditions.
Fun

Lots of rain, Cloudy over cast, warm, then hot sunny, more rain, did I say more rain? All the way home, Tux has never been so wet. I gave Tux a big suds bath all over blew water out of hiding spots, big dry towel the closed Tux up in a sealed garage with dehumidifier on full for the next few days. Or weeks. I bought some goodies at the swap, talked with many people about Tux and Apple fritters. I think I will go back Sunday for more of a look at other cars and interesting stuff, a less harrid day I think, go little later, leave a little earlier,.
I got to meet up with Marko from BC briefly, but not again. Maybe Sunday we say hello again. I still had a good time, just the drive home was awful and a bit stressful.

IMG_6588.jpeg

IMG_6594.jpeg

IMG_6597.jpeg

IMG_6599.jpeg

IMG_6601.jpeg

IMG_6602.jpeg

Those must have been the Airflow's that were in London 2 days ago. Nice that they got a safe place to be displayed.

Yes, it was in Ayre, about 20 miles south-east of NewHamburg (Moparfest). I heard that a Home Hardware store was destroyed. It caused a train to derail. This was about 11 am. People got a warning on their phone about 3 minutes before it hit.

That down pour might have been the start of the Tornado that hit Ayr on Saturday.

Back