More Sway Bar Bushings

66furys

Reaction score
Having trouble yet again with mother Mopar, and the variety and design of these bushings. If we begin at the front, we find two designs on my 66 fury that are on the 7/8 bar....one welded, one bolted. But, if you look at the pic, you may see that it is damn difficult to force the new square bush into the limits of the holder with long drop bolt. So, I made new ones from bolted bushings and a plate with bolt, and will use a spacer over the bolt. OK, now to the stinkin mount above with a 7/8 or so hole, that had a one piece bush pushed thru for both sides. I will use the larger dia rubber from a shock mount, rather than the one supplied in many kits seen beside. The supplied bush is no larger than the hole.....so guess what. Use large dia rubber from a shock mount, over an inch in dia. Then to the back side that attach to the bar ends. I find that the delphi round bush works OK, with issues. First, very tight since not rubber. So trim a bit. It can be squeezed into the clamps in a vise, but you have to assy in place. So trim a bit outside. Then, the hard plastic, not rubber, cannot be opened to go over, so split in half, which should be OK. This is my plan and I am stickin to it. Surprised from research that this simpleton job is so hard....maybe the simpleton is doing the writing?

1719252903134.png

Back