More vintage Pro Stock

image.jpg
Taken at Thunder Mountain in Bristol, Tn Billy Steep in the Arrow & "General" Lee Edwards in the Monza

David Sox. Ronnies younger brother did some racing too. Here his Pro Stock Duster doing a "dry hop" in the rosin. Now days they glue the track. No more rosin burnouts or dry hops
image.jpg

Don Carlton built this car. Shared it with Stewart McDade (another Billy the Kid driver) and I think a few others got behind the wheel for a race or two
image.jpg

image.jpg
Dick Oldfield in the MOTOWN Missile Cuda puts a woopin on "Grumpy" Bill Jenkins in the 427 Camaro 1970 before they put all that weight on the Hemi cars

image.jpg
Reid Whisnant's Pro Stock Duster. Remember bsck in the day the Mopar drag racers would paint the engine bay white. I always thought that was cool

image.jpg
Roy Hill doing some night racing in his Hemi Duster. This was the former California Flash Duster of Butch Leal. I believe this was a Butler built car

image.jpg
Top pic. MOPAR racers Butch Leal & Bob Lambeck teamed up to race a Hemi Volare in Pro Stock for 1980. Bottom pic is Larry Perternell's Dart Sport Pro Stock

Back