my 71 sport fury GT 440 LO-PO T code..DRAG STRIP times!

ph23vo

Reaction score
best run 14:95@ 92 mph all stock..with 3;55 gears in place of 3;23..still really untuned..any other bone stockers out there that run 14,s? dan

103 (Large).jpg

Last edited:
in an early magazine they had a 70 GT 440 LO-PO T code car that went low 15,s with its 3;23.s it was tuned and twisted a bit to extract its best ET but it shows my car is running decent anyway... i think its a 14;70 car with tuning and a tachometer.. dan

Good time Dan, As you see in the Photos my blue 71 ran a best of 15.3, thats with the factory 3:23's and a carb needing a rebuild. I think if all was right and she had 55's she would hit 14.9 .

Nice run:upside down:

also my car is 1 of 2 T code 71 GT,s built! just a little history for ya!

70-71 GT T- codes had the LOG manifolds...70-71 GT V-U codes had HP manifolds...all but 2 of the 71 GT,s were HP,s..and only the 6 BBl.s in 70 were .. dan

Did the T code cars come with dual exhausts? Where any U code cars built in '70? Sorry for all the questions,but I really like these cars & info on them is so limited.I've only seen 4 of these cars ever (I'm 52 & a life long Mopar guy),3 '70's & a '71.One of the '70's was a 6 BBL in upper Mi.,many years later I met & became friends with the owner,by then the car was long gone,the '71 I saw was in Viroqua,Wi,(i think,this was about 30 years ago!) it was bright yellow with white trim,you could not miss it! Cool cars!

no problem

yes there were U code cars built in 70 but none were FURY GT,s... they were ONLY T code 350 hp and V code 390 HP.. all GT,s had dual exhaust in 70 with the rectangular tips[ challenger like] what colors and who was the owner of the 6BBL you knew of? email me direct if you like ph23vo@juno.com dan

yes there were U code cars built in 70 but none were FURY GT,s... they were ONLY T code 350 hp and V code 390 HP.. all GT,s had dual exhaust in 70 with the rectangular tips[ challenger like] what colors and who was the owner of the 6BBL you knew of? email me direct if you like ph23vo@juno.com dan
Dan,Don McNally owned the 6bbl car,it was dark blue,He pulled the motor & junked the car but...someone bought it from the junkyard later on,it might have gone to the Detroit area,whoever bought it contacted him to try to buy the original motor back,by that time Don put the motor in a '70 'Bee that he sold to someone from the west coast. The other 2 '70 cars i've seen were 4bbl cars,a white one that I saw at the Iola,Wi,car show about 3 years ago (it was parked near a Hurst 300) & a brown one that was in a local salvage yard,it was a nice car but had major fire under the hood.I'm sure that the brown car is history as this yard closed in late 80's(41 Auto Salvage,just north of Oshkosh,Wi)

yes i know the car

do you have any contact info for don? sure would like to talk to him about history... too bad so many have been scrapped... also once they lose their stripes no one notices what they were anymore and they become another junky old 70 fury.. dan

do you have any contact info for don? sure would like to talk to him about history... too bad so many have been scrapped... also once they lose their stripes no one notices what they were anymore and they become another junky old 70 fury.. dan
Dan,I sent you a pm,please let me know if you received it,Thanks,Rod

70-71 GT T- codes had the LOG manifolds...70-71 GT V-U codes had HP manifolds...all but 2 of the 71 GT,s were HP,s..and only the 6 BBl.s in 70 were .. dan
Well done! It would seem that a quick way to get into the mid 14s is HI PO factory manifolds and a 2.5" TTI system while still maintaining the stock look?

rod didnt get anything from you..

you can email me or contact thru www.sixpackfuryregistry.com thanks.....also my car has LOG MANIFOLDS and stock pipes! so you dont really need HP manifolds to go 14,s! dan

That's a great run! Did you run with slicks? What track did you run at? Union Grove Dragway or is there 1/4 mile track up North?

Last edited:
SIR in seattle [now pacific raceway] 1/4 mile

been tuning the car a bit and its much stronger feeling now... might make it out this year again dan

Back