My New (to Me) 73 Imperial LeBaron

Don't get a new one, have the correct date coded parts that were born on this car rebuilt and reinstalled. There are a few services for both MS and BB.
Whom do you recommend sending those off to? As far as the Thermoquad, my mechanic is giving it back to me; I have no idea whether it's the original or not, but suspect it probably is.

RLL3: Trim - Premium, Leather 3-in-1 Split Bench, Parchment

I really like that Tan carpet, dash, column and steering wheel. Looks really good with the white leather and interior top.

HL2: Int. Door Frames, Parchment

I don't see the Parchment painted frames. Could you post the parchment paint and where it is at?
Or am I missing something in the pics?
Looking again, I've seen two different returns for the HL2 code. The Parchment frames that I first saw someone mention it as on a couple of forums, but then the decoder on RealDash.net says HL2 is 'Unknown Int.' Maybe that's the Burnished Red but hasn't been entered into a database yet?

Looking again, I've seen two different returns for the HL2 code. The Parchment frames that I first saw someone mention it as on a couple of forums, but then the decoder on RealDash.net says HL2 is 'Unknown Int.' Maybe that's the Burnished Red but hasn't been entered into a database yet?
HL2 is correct. That color is designed to match the color of your interior. I remember a thread where someone showed how that looks, after taking out the interior door panel foremother reason and using the opportunity to document the feature. @CBODY67 @saforwardlook

Here are the fender tag and window sticker. I'm not currently in the same town as the car, so I can't post the door sticker for the moment. I don't see the Trailer Towing Package on the window sticker, but it does have the mount, hitch, and a wire in the trunk. Perhaps someone added that later on in its life?

View attachment 687582

View attachment 687583

Thank you.

Yes, the car does not code for the Trailer Towing package so the hitch et al were probably added after purchase. However, it appears the buyer anticipated adding the hitch by buying the suspension.

On Snow White, my (Belvedere-built) white N-code 1970 Polara convertible, the A35 trailer package code was stamped on the fender tag. Was it different on Jefferson Plant cars, on Imperials, and/or on 1973s?

Yes as Jefferson did not code A package codes like other plants did. You won't find many A series sales codes on a Jefferson plant tag (exceptions exist)

Jefferson and Lynch Road plant had different tag coding protocols and formats compared to other plants.

Last edited:
Whom do you recommend sending those off to? As far as the Thermoquad, my mechanic is giving it back to me; I have no idea whether it's the original or not, but suspect it probably is.
I do not perform the amount of restorations as some of the other guys on here. Ask the question in a thread form and you will find out who the top 3 are at this time. In the meantime, here are a few links for your question.

V5L Parchment bodyside protective vinyl moldings

It appears parchment is a 1973 color only.

Looks awesome on the GE7.

ON the fender tag.
R32-Dual rear seat speakers
R48-power antenna

ON the window sticker and not fender tag
R35- Am/FM/XM radio Stereo 10 Watt

Anyone know why the R35 is not on the tag? BS and WS only?

Anyone know why the R35 is not on the tag? BS and WS only?

"Jefferson and Lynch Road plant had different tag coding protocols and formats compared to other plants."

73_CS23_E85_D34_TX9_242607.jpg

Back