For Sale Nailhead buick

Status
Not open for further replies.

bluefury361

Old Man with a Hat
Reaction score
Contact seller
I was visiting friends in North Carolina this past weekend and ran across this 354 Buick nailhead engine.
Couldn't pass it up, someone will love to have it.

It's a remanufactured .040 over bore, 20/20 on the crank 1960 354CID with fresh 1966 425 heads. Complete engine with a 66 Buick THM400 transmission and Locar shifter.
Lots of Offenhauser goodies, polished intake w/dual hollies, polished finned valve covers w/vents, valley cover, spark plug covers and air filter topper. I have most all the parts needed to assemble, front cover, water pump, damper & pulleys, starter, pan etc.
It has been stored in an old engine shop for years.

A great nostalgia rod or custom engine.

I'm thinking around $6500.00 which also includes a 66 425 short block that was running when the water jacket froze nad cracked the block.

More pics and info if needed.

buick nail head 2.jpg

buick nailhead 3.jpg

Cool! :icon_thumright:

IMO, that would be a cool engine for a Street Rod, a car where the engine is visible. I've always thought that if I ever built a Street Rod it would be cool to use a Buick Nailhead, a Ford MEL big block (383-430), an Olds 371-394 engine or a Chrysler "Poly" V8, depending on the make of car, instead of the ubiquitous Small Block Chevys and Fords. Maybe more difficult to get parts for but, would definitely be more interesting at a Cruise Night. :)

A buddy has a '30 Buick that would look amazing with that engine! An all-Buick hotrod. Like an all-Mopar hot rod - refreshing to see in a world of freakin' "me, too!" 5.0L Fords and 350 Chevys.

The nailheads are one of the most visually appealing engines ever made.

When there are engines that look like that or even more stock with the valve covers sticking straight up, why would anyone use a SBC in a street rod other than laziness.

I don't like hi-jackin For Sale posts but ...

When there are engines that look like that or even more stock with the valve covers sticking straight up, why would anyone use a SBC in a street rod other than laziness.
All kinds of very cool engines out there.
Corvair turbo anyone? Makes for an ideal front wheel driver in your ... ahem ... ratrod. The weight would be behind the front axle.
00D0D_9lR6Z6eJrgE_600x450.jpg

I don't like hi-jackin For Sale posts but ...

All kinds of very cool engines out there.
Corvair turbo anyone? Makes for an ideal front wheel driver in your ... ahem ... ratrod. The weight would be behind the front axle.
00D0D_9lR6Z6eJrgE_600x450.jpg

corvairTbucket2.jpg

corvairTbucket1.jpg

You just know someone will walk up to that T-bucket at a car show and say "nice flathead"...

I always liked the aluminum 225 Olds V8, a straight 8, the Seagrave V2 fire truck engine....

I've been messing with the nailhead, cleaned it up a little. (I've learned more then I wanted to know about nailheads in the process).

Probably have it on ebay in the next couple of days. Some nostalgia hot rodder needs this.

DSC01758 (Large).jpg

DSC01762 (Large).jpg

DSC01764 (Large).jpg

DSC01765 (Large).jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back