Name that girl

Happy Holidays (Halloween, Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Year's). See if we can get some girls in.

There are "rules" for this game the eight years since it started.

Recall, with respect, for us 10 or so "die-hard" players of the game ) and for any casual observers/ new people who might know the girl, we use the the honor system and its voluntary to follow the "rules".

1. Its supposed to be a fun diversion .. emphasis on "fun" .. that a few of our "non-gear head" family members and friends like to play along too. And they are usually good at it. Better than most of us it seems.

2. These womens' "politics" is not really relevant .. like 'em, hate 'em is a personal choice but that tends not to have anything to do with what they looked like as youngsters. Please, also no need to shame/dis them/tear them down if you don't like their looks or something like that.

3. When we are OP's, we tend to pick them given their exposure in popular print/digital media and/or in nationally-recognized music/entertainment/news venues. Sometimes they are known for "cheesecake", sometimes they are famous for other "newsworthy" reasons other than the that.

4. Clues and pics. That's how we I/D them. We can also "google" their pics directly and find them with NO other work, but that's "cheating" so to speak. Nobody will know that was done, unless you admit that's what you did. Fine, but just don't spoil it for others who choose to do it the hard way.:)

5. If you figure out who she is, please consider waiting until the OP ends the game before you reveal the answer. You can just indicate "got it" to help OP decide whether to give more clues or end it early.

Also, this gives everybody who wants the time to take a shot at it. Then, people sometimes talk about the process they went through at the end .. they "legged it out", or just "cheated", to ID the lady.

6. Can't/don't feel like sleuthing it out? Cool. Lotta room under the "rock.:poke:

Again, it's not a competition, nothing to "win", so there's no need to be "first" to the I/D the girl.

UntitledEE2ccc123L.png

Here's the game.

Age 77 now. Actor. Pasadena California girl.

Started on television in the mid 1960's (wholesome, good girl roles), transitioned to a variety of other characters/roles in movies in the early 1980's, award winning (Emmy, Oscar, SAG, HW of F) achievements over a 60 year career to date.

Still working in TV and the big screen in roles playing older characters (grandmothers, for example) given her real-life age. Her biggest years were the 1980's 1990's, and early 2000's,

Though they didn't marry, her most famous squeeze was a bandit.

Pic below. Age 18, as a high school senior in 1964. Nearly 80 now - same face with usual tells. Eyes and smile.

Answer in 2-3 days, or sooner if it turns out a lotta people get her.

20191121_065600.jpg

Last edited:
Happy Holiidays (Halloween, Thhanksgiving, Christmas, and New Years). See if we can get some girls in.

There are "rules" for this game the eight years since it started.

Recall, with respect, for us 10 or so "die-hard" players of the game ) and for any casual observers/ new people who might know the girl, we us the the honor system and voluntary to follow the "rules".

1. Its supposed to be a fun diversion .. emphasis on "fun" .. that a few of our "non-gear head" family members and friends like to play along too. And they are usually good at it. Berrwe than most of us it seems.

2. These womens' "politics" is not really relevant .. like 'em, hate 'em is a personal choice but that tends not to have anything to do with what they looked like as youngsters. Please, also no need to shame/dis them/tear them down if you don't like their looks or something like that.

3. When we are OP;s, we tend to pick them given their exposure in popular print/digital media and/or nationally-recognized music/entertainment/news venues. Sometimes they are known for "cheesecake", sometimes they are famous for other "newsworthy" reasons other than the cheesecake.

4. Clues and pics. That's how we I/D them. We can also "google" their pics directly and find them with NO other work, but that's "cheating" so to speak. Nobody will know that was done, unless you admit that's what you did. Fine, but just don't spoilit for others who choose to do it the hard way.:)

5. If you figure out who she is, please consider waiting until the OP ends the game before you reveal the answer. You can just indicate "got it" to help OP decide to give more clues. Also, this gives everybody who wants to time to take a shot at it. Then, people sometimes talk about the process they went through .. "leg it out" or just "cheating", to ID the lady.

6. Can't/don't feel like sleuthing it out? Cool. Lotta room under the "rock:poke:. But, you can't "win" if you solve the game that way. Afain, it's not a competition, so there's no need to be "first" the ID the girl.

UntitledEE2ccc123L.png

Here's the game.

Age 77 now. Actor. Pasedena California girl.

Started on television in the mid 1960's *wholesome, good girl roles) transitioned to a variety of other characters as she aged in movies early 1980's, award winning (Emmy and Oscar) several times over.

Still working in TV and the big screen in roles playing older characters (grandmosters, for exxample) given her real-life age. Her biggest yearts were the 1980's 1990's, and early 2000's,

Though they didn't marry, her most famous squeeze was a bandit.

Pic below. Age 18, as a high school senior in 1964. Nearly 80 now - same face with usual tells. Eyes and smile.

Answer in 2-3 days, or sooner if it turns out a lotta people get her.

View attachment 687018
Normally I'm out on these but with that smile and those eyes it could only be...

Let the screaming chickens fly.

Alan

clear you cats know her .. clever "hints" too.

we'll see what a few of the "whippersnappers" who decide to play do with this one before i "spike the ball" on this one.

:thumbsup:

well looks like a lot of you all know her. we can wrap the one up Wed morning EDT and chase somebody else.

:thumbsup:

Clarifcation: using the internet is not "cheating" for the purpose of this game. You can follow clues with internet searches, for example.

Depending on your browser, you can "right click" ON the picture, and a browswer option can search cyberspace and usually identify WHO is in that picture.

I only use that AFTER I have guessed who she is from the clues and my own recognition of the face, to confirm/refute my guess.

"Googling the pic" will do the I/D immediately -- but there's no "fun" in that. Most people who play have said the same thing. That kinda use of the intenet is what we (players of the game) consider "cheating".

Not "bad", just not in the spirit of the game. If I get her that way, its not a "win" per se .. just only proves I can click a mouse and read.:)

Otherwise, using internet is fine/encouraged, if needed, to help figure her out or confrim a guess.

Last edited:
Back