Name that girl

#2061. Sally Field.

No one reported not getting this girl.

Seems many of us of TV watching age in mid 1960's first knew her as "Gidget", then Sister Bertrille the FLying Nun, then movies. "Norma Rae", "Forrest Gump", "Mrs. Doubtfire", and many others.

She was "East bound and Down, loaded up and truckin" in "Smoky and the Bandit" and romantically involved with "the Bandit" in that movie. And in real-life with Burt Reynolds for several years.

I always like her, though don't tend to watch a thing because she's in it. No debate she's a beloved and recognizable actor for many folks over her long career.

View attachment 687317View attachment 687321View attachment 687318View attachment 687319View attachment 687322View attachment 687320
If you haven't seen it, try to find Back Roads with her and Tommy Lee Jones. It's from 1981. She's a prostitute and he's a boxer/drifter.

Greatest line ever. (David Keith) "Why, you're nothing but a *****!" (Sally) "No sir. A ***** is a 16 year old with a bad reputation. I... am a Hooker!"

HA!

New game,

Age 63
. Actor, New York City girl.

Been known for comedic roles, and then much better known for her television work.

Multiple award winner on network and cable TV shows, in supporting and starring roles - Emmy SAG, Golden Globe, Hollywood Walk of Fame, both acting and producing.

Got her big start in the early '80's from comedy work Chicago improv scene, and that wound her up back in NY again. She has done many theatrical movies - some have been dramas - as well. Funny but versatile it seems.

In a major supporting role, she's been in one the most successful network TV shows of the "90's, and one on cable in the 2010's with she was the star of the show.

Below as a youngster, pre-teen years, one alone and one with her mom and little sister (that pic could go in another popular thread here :)).

She is another one approaching traditional retirement age and still looks kinda the same. Still working all the time, though.

View attachment 687365View attachment 687366
The eyes mark her: Yada yada yada.

New game.

Age 63
. Actor, New York City girl.

Been known for comedic roles, and then much better known for her television work.

Multiple award winner on network and cable TV shows, in supporting and starring roles - Emmys, SAG, Golden Globe, Hollywood Walk of Fame, both acting and producing.

Got her big start in the early '80's from comedy work Chicago improv scene, and that wound her up back in NY again. She has done many theatrical movies - some have been dramas - as well. Funny but versatile it seems.

In a major supporting role, she's been in one the most successful network TV shows of the '90's, and one on cable in the 2010's when she was the star of the show.

Below as a youngster, pre-teen years, one alone and one with her mom and little sister (that pic could go in another popular thread here).

She is another "girl" approaching traditional retirement age and still looks kinda the same. Still working all the time, though.

View attachment 687365View attachment 687366
Got it right away.

I'm not understanding the poverty hub capped Pontiac(?) behind her in a motel parking lot. I don't think anything about her background says "poverty" or staying at a motel.

Got it right away.

I'm not understanding the poverty hub capped Pontiac(?) behind her in a motel parking lot. I don't think anything about her background says "poverty" or staying at a motel.
her bio says her dad died a billionaire. but also he and her mom divorced when she was a toddler in early '60's. but there's a little sister too. Another dad, or single mom?

she certainly has made bushels (she was raking in half mil$/show at the end, may have made $200M all in by now with residuals) of money on that one hit NBC show in the '90's as an adult only in her 30's.

But there could have been some lean years growing up (if we are to believe the divorce story)?

Anyway, she's probably been livin' purdy good for a while now.:)

i think i have it. didn't she and her pals end up going to jail?
yeah, i didn't see it (the finale) but read about it

when one of her hit shows ended, there was a trial and/or jail time for the main characters.

Seemed an odd way to end it to me, but apparently some fans liked it. I didnt watch it nearly enough the 9-10 years it was on to have a strong opinion on it.

#2061. Sally Field.

No one reported not getting this girl.

Seems many of us of TV watching age in mid 1960's first knew her as "Gidget", then Sister Bertrille the FLying Nun, then movies. "Norma Rae", "Forrest Gump", "Mrs. Doubtfire", and many others.

She was "East bound and Down, loaded up and truckin" in "Smoky and the Bandit" and romantically involved with "the Bandit" in that movie. And in real-life with Burt Reynolds for several years.

I always like her, though don't tend to watch a thing because she's in it. No debate she's a beloved and recognizable actor for many folks over her long career.

View attachment 687317View attachment 687321View attachment 687318View attachment 687319View attachment 687322View attachment 687320

I've alway thought on could sum up dating by her roles.

The girl you want to date: The good looking fun Carrie from Smokey and the Bandit or cute Gidget.
The girl you wind up dating: The Catholic nun Sister Betrille from the Flying Nun
The one you wind up marrying: Sybil

when one of her hit shows ended, there was a trial and/or jail time for the main characters.

Seemed an odd way to end it to me, but apparently some fans liked it. I didnt watch it nearly enough the 9-10 years it was on to have a strong opinion on it.
That final show was terrible!

when it was on i rarely ever watched it. i started watching it in reruns when i ate supper.

Back