WANTED Need 5/8" shaft power steering pulley

Status
Not open for further replies.

Biggredd2069

Reaction score
Contact seller
I am in urgent need of a power steering pulley that has a 5/8" shaft hole, and is just under 5.5" width. I have a 68 chrysler newport that has a 3/4" shaft and accidentally bought a pump that has a 5/8" shaft. Would prefer to keep the pump and update the pulley.

I had no idea you had the 3/4"...that would be the saginaw pulley then. The federal had a 5/8", unless I'm mistaken. looking for one for you...but someone here has to have one.

My current pulley is inside shaft 3/4, outside appears to be 5 3/8" not sure the depth offset. The hole is about 1 inch deep, maybe 1 1/8"

I had no idea you had the 3/4"...that would be the saginaw pulley then. The federal had a 5/8", unless I'm mistaken. looking for one for you...but someone here has to have one.
He had a pre '66 pump on his car and replaced it with the correct one.

is there any difference between the press on and keyed pulleys? Im pretty sure mine is keyed but is pressed on. I know its pressed...I pressed it off and on...but im pretty sure it was keyed also.

It would open up possibilities of I could use a keyed but I have zero idea. I'm just going off pressed only. Was excited for this new pump and completely bummed on this road block. Car is out of commission in my driveway in the elements.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back