WANTED ***Need a console for 4 speed***

Maddart

Reaction score
Contact seller
Hello, this is my first post over here. Ive been on forabodiesonly.com for years with the same user name Maddart.

I just purchased a 1965 Plymouth Fury Sport Convertible with a 383 and 4 speed.

The car was sitting in a lot and someone decided to steal the 4 speed and the complete console. I cant believe they didnt take the whole car.

I am in need of the complete console for a 4 speed. Does someone re make these? Does anyone have one for sale?

Does anyone have an exploded view of a console or know where to get one?

Please let me know.

IMG_8749.jpeg

IMG_8748.jpeg

IMG_8747.jpeg

IMG_8745.jpeg

IMG_8743.jpeg

IMG_8742.jpeg

IMG_8739.jpeg

IMG_8738.jpeg

IMG_8741.jpeg

I don't think anyone makes these. However it's the same as a '64 or '65 B body. I saw one for sale recently over on for B bodys only.
Jim

If you didn't get that FBBO console, ABC Moparts is reproducing some of the parts.
Console Parts Archives - ABC Moparts
Be aware, the Z-bar shown in the photos for a C-body looks the same as the one in the 64-65 B-body photo, and it does not look correct to me for a C-body.
Maybe it has the same throw lengths/clocking, though?

Also -
We have an informal registry, please 'sign up'?
FCBO Four Speed Owners Registry
And we have a 'sightings' registry, feel free to put it in there too.
The registry thread was intended for FCBO members, and original 4spd cars, but I think it strayed from that.

The 'sightings' thread is for anything, although preferably for original 4spd cars like yours (cars found on the internet, for sale, etc)
Factory 4-Speed-C-Body-Photo-Thread

I have to look, I know there are at least 3 extra consoles sitting at Dad's. I wish I had seen this before I spent 3 hours sorting and organizing parts this morning. Not sure how much different the auto/4spd console is, but I can certainly set 2 side by side to check. (my/dads- 54 polara is a 4speed.

The 4-speed has a hump on the side - IIRC the AT console has a flat plate to fill that in. (hidden by the carpet)
The top plate, where the shifter pokes thru, is different between AT and 4-speed (the most obvious difference).
-> This plate comes in ribbed and woodgrain styles, and I have seen both types in used with no apparent rhyme/reason for what cars got which one. (65 Fury esp!)
I believe the chrome bezel, that the shifter plate fastens to, is different also - but I think it can be modified to fit the 4-speed plate.

@Polara_500_Jr
Those are hte differences to verify, if you could report back that would be great.

The 4-speed has a hump on the side - IIRC the AT console has a flat plate to fill that in. (hidden by the carpet)
The top plate, where the shifter pokes thru, is different between AT and 4-speed (the most obvious difference).
-> This plate comes in ribbed and woodgrain styles, and I have seen both types in used with no apparent rhyme/reason for what cars got which one. (65 Fury esp!)
I believe the chrome bezel, that the shifter plate fastens to, is different also - but I think it can be modified to fit the 4-speed plate.

@Polara_500_Jr
Those are hte differences to verify, if you could report back that would be great.
will try to. they're in the attic so I will take a ladder up and look, get some pics. may not be for a bit, it's a little over an hour up there... and this is a crazy busy time for me too!

Back