Need advice on parting with my '72 New Yorker 2 door

oliver

Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

I am hoping you can give me some advice as I need to say goodbye to my '72 NY CH23T2C254070. I will be relocating far away in a few months and am not taking the car with me. The first piece of advice I'd like to ask is what would be a reasonable price to ask and the second piece of advice is what would be a good venue for selling the car. I know there aren't many FCBO members in the NYC area.

It's a 2-door base New Yorker with roll up windows and manual seats. I've owned the car for 40+ years during which I've only driven it approximately 4,000 miles. I am the third owner of the car and got it in 1984 from a family member who owned a few big Chryslers at the time. He didn't like the '72 NY because it was a 2 door and let it sit in his yard from 1978 to 1984, primarily using it as a storage shed. After becoming the new owner in 1984, I put the car in dry storage and started fixing it up little by little. At the time I acquired it, the car showed 48K on the odometer, it now shows 52K. Impossible to prove it's original but I believe it is. There is no perforating rust on the car. There was a little rust in the lower front fenders at the the time I got the car but the fenders were replaced in the eighties with a pair of rust free fenders. Never any rust in the rear quarters. The passenger side door was also replaced in the eighties due to a dent. The car had a respray in the late eighties and also received a vinyl top with incorrect grain and color. I did not know at the time that it was a non-vinyl car from the factory, it had a dealer installed top. The rear window surround molding was never reinstalled. I never really had the time to accomplish what I hoped to to and mostly contented myself with keeping the car out of the elements (it has not seen a drop of rain in 40 years). In 2016, I took the car to a shop and had the brake system rebuilt with new calipers, wheel cylinders, master cylinder, brake lines, rotors and drums, and I had work done on the fuel system as well (new fuel lines, drop and clean tank, carb rebuilt). Due to major events, I haven't done much with the car since.

The car runs and drives well and essentially could use some cosmetic work (but no rust repair). A couple of paint touch-ups, putting the trim back, a front seat cover. The bumpers are fair but I have a re-chromed front bumper that comes with the car as well as a rear bumper that's nicer than the existing one. I do have all the body side moldings (in duplicates) that are off the car at the present time and plenty of spare parts such as doors, glass (James if you're reading this post, you'll know which parts I am talking about), NOS moldings etc, about 12 extra incomplete road wheels and misc. items. Floors, trunk floor are super solid. Trunk mat and cards were lost 40 years ago.

Your opinions and advice would be valued and greatly appreciated. Thank you.

cH82516.jpg

cH82516A.jpg

cH82516B.jpg

cH82516C.jpg

chrysler tag.jpg

Chrys int (1).jpg

I'd start at $15000 OBO and put the car on facebook marketplace.
BTW. Great to hear from you, Oliver. Hope everything is going OK.

Last edited:
A lot of time wasters and endless 'is this available' messages on FB marketplace, I'd advertise right here once you work out a fair price, bring a trailer maybe?

Marketplace reaches tons of people. The endless " is this available " messages comes from bumping the button.
I prefer Hemmings Motor News on line for advertising vehicles.

Back