Need opinions on these new pistons please

Recently I got these exact pistons from summit.
Yesterday I opened the package. The piston box seal was broken. These pistons a

20240711_065114.jpg

I hit the post button by mistake.
To continue.
These pistons all have the same number.
I'm not thrilled by the unfinished area below the pin. But I don't see it as a problem.
Also I don't see any damage like in the OP pictures. My guess it's from rough handling, quite possibly your set has been rejected and returned several times.

View attachment 671005
Then I get to deal with summit.
at least ebay I get all my money back. These are supposed to be brand new. I live in Canada BTW
I bought something from the J-place which they obviously brokered for the manufacturer. The manufacturer had discontinued the headlights, so the order was canceled. When that happened, I turned around and ordered them from the S-place. Same thing, EXCEPT that the S-place automaticallhy refunded my credit card without me asking. I expected similar on the first set from J-place, but it didn't happen.

At close to a month, I looked at the FINE PRINT of the J-place invoice and it had instructions for me to contact them if I wanted a refund OR to use the amount to buy something else! So I emailed them to request a refund, including the invoice number and such in this communication. I got a reply that "they'd investigate", after it took a day for them to respond. About two weeks later, I contacted them to inquire as to where my case was. No problem with them investigating to make sure they did owe me the money back! So after about 6 wks, the refund was issued, for which I thanked them. Through all of these phone and email communications, I was always professional and spoke in normal voice levels. Just like a normal conversation.

From these interactions of duplicate situations, it appeared to me that I wanted to do business with a company that gave immediate refunds to my credit card when the product had been discontinued by the manufacturer and could not be shipped. The other thing is that I'm about an hour from the S-place in south Arlington, TX.

I realize your location puts some different dynamics into getting parts and understand that. I also perceive from eBay's advertising, they are supposed to be an extra layer of protection for the purchaser if the parts are incorrect. When I have shopped on eBay, I usually go into the eBay store's website to look around at their other merchandise. Sometimes, I can get an idea of what they "are into" and if that matters in what I'm looking for.

Just my experiences. Good luck.
CBODY67

Let us know if and when you get a full refund.

You might want to purchase the pistons from a local speed shop, so you can inspect them upon pickup.

That’s what I would do.

I would send them back as well, ive gotten alot of parts from ebay that I was happy with, but something like that I would go through a supplier who specializes in engine parts.

and it may be, the seller is in Louisiana and the tracking shows picked up in Indiana
I believe this is what is called a 'Drop Shipper' which is just a middleman (ebay seller) and the supplier that has the actual item. They give lessons on YouTube on how to open a eekBay account and just middleman items for big profits. You just sit at your computer all day long and create listings and let everyone else do the work but customer service is practically non-existent.
If you don't see a "Located in:" the shipping information line it's most likely a drop shipper.

well I sent them back today. ebay gave a shipping label. I am very discouraged now and feel like just getting silvo lite 1271, put the engine back together and drive it.
Really took the wind out of my sails...

Recently I got these exact pistons from summit.
Yesterday I opened the package. The piston box seal was broken. These pistons a

View attachment 671014
thats how they match the weight. they mill it down. yours looks like normal like 5 of my pistons that matched. the other 3 oddballs they machined down more and the little dot was gone.

wow this guy blocked me for asking to make the pistons survive shipping and to verify the box is sealed.
lol

2024202.jpg

2024203.jpg

The area under the piston pin bore is the balance pad for each piston. Just as the balance pads on connecting rods are at each end, although the pin end is usually where the major pad area is.

Perhaps the boxes were opened by Canadian Customs officials rather than some warehouse worker? Just to verify that what was claimed to be shipped was what was shipped?

Just some thoughts,
CBODY67

Perhaps the boxes were opened by Canadian Customs officials rather than some warehouse worker? Just to verify that what was claimed to be shipped was what was shipped?
Yeah that's a thought, I tell ya it's tough living out in the boonies, but then again I have like 2 Home Depots, 3 Lowes, I don't know how many Wal-Marts, 5 or 6 all within a 5/10 mile radius but you have to go to 2 or 3 to find the items you want due to poor stocking and empty shelves. Plus I'm looking for a item and I came across several New & used on eBay but with "Item in USA" just for a location it's most likely a drop shipper and with 96% rating I just said no, no, no, but I see the local Home Depot has the same item but for twice the price and they wonder why people don't want to shop at brick & mortar stores... eff'in ripoff.

In checking the NEG's of a couple of low positive sellers I came across the drop ship evidence comments.

DON'T BUY FROM THIS SELLER!!!!! I received a pair of women's jeans instead of the guitar strap I ordered and it was shipped from AMAZON BY AMAZON PRIME! He stalled so much on the refund , I had to bring ebay into the case to get a refund. I looked up my identical item on AMAZON (exact same photo he used on ebay) . Amazon charges $15, seller charged $24 on ebay seller pockets difference. I don't shop AMAZON for a reason(like screwing up orders often). This seller was deceitful and dishonest.
(Private listing)

Buyer: l***a (752)
Verified purchase

Past 6 months
Reply from: bixlife. Left within past 6 months.
We use our amazon distribution center to sometimes ship product to our customers when we run out of stock.

Another one:
Bought item on eBay. It came via Amazon Prime. Looked up the seller’s company on Amazon to find they were selling the same item for 17.99. I paid $24+ on eBay. I got ripped off. Buying for wife xmas present & couldn’t use Amazon to buy or she would find out. Very sneaky seller don’t buy. Didn’t try for refund since other negative comments and refund requests went unanswered (read reviews). I’ve already wasted money on this & I’m not wasting my time too.

Back