Need Parking Lock Cover for 1965 Torqueflite Transmission.

Henrius

Reaction score
1719871443673.jpeg

My 1965 Fury has this part cracked, as can be seen in the photo. It leaks fluid. My mechanic cannot seem to find a good one anywhere. It would be expensive for a machinest to fabricate such a part from new metal. Torqueflite transmissions were so common! Surely used ones should be available from somewhere from junked transmissions! Where can I get one?

Last edited:
If it were me, I would hit that crack with a grinder to scuff it up and smear a little JB weld on it and get on with life. However, you are correct. There should be a few in the junk yards. I know where there are a few but they are 150 miles from me.

@Henrius try to contact Pat Blais via eBay. He's a seller of all things torqueflite and I think his handle is torqueflitepatty if I recall. He sold me some parts for my 64 NY pushbutton tranny.

I would call A&A in indiana. Pat Blais is a good choice too. I think 62,3,4 and 5 are the same?? Whats the casting number on it?

I should have one out to my parents house. I have 3 push button transmissions stored out there. I will be out there sometime this week. If you still need one let me know and I’ll pull it for you.

I should have one out to my parents house. I have 3 push button transmissions stored out there. I will be out there sometime this week. If you still need one let me know and I’ll pull it for you.
I will pay you whatever you ask for one. I need a good one badly.

I will pay you whatever you ask for one. I need a good one badly.
lol. You can just pay me what you feel is fair. Happy to help out a fellow c body guy. I will be out there on Friday or Saturday and grab one.

Back