Never seen industrial BB headers before

Industrial? May be it came out of a motor home.

Center dump logs are light truck and RV applications.
Based on the shorty 727 it prolly was in a truck.
I had a 400 2bbl in a 77 club cab shortbox with same powertrain.
Had a 2 piece driveshaft with hanger bearing.

Last edited:
Guys, it's got the high mount water pump and the different exhaust port configuration.

The 440 is an RV motor with the angled spark plugs and as mentioned the high mount water pump..
From that pump it has passages going to each front of head.
Basically, as a core engine only the short block and crank are of any use in a passenger car.
The 2bbl 400 will have the good 452 heads and water pump housing that will bolt right on the 440.
Or
Take the 440 crank out and build a 400 stroker!
The rv 727 will have 4 clutch band like a Hemi 727.
That RV trans is cable shifted. Similar to a 65 and older 727.
No biggie but good to know as it needs to be modified to fit a passenger car.
Hope this helps.

Last edited:
yes , i have , and i bought a set for my pop's motorhome with a 413 ind for christmas one years . and guess who had to install them , yes yours truly . they are hookers so the fitment was good , just that center bolt at the bottom of the twin center tubes was a pain . but there still on it leak free . and the oem gm turbo muffers as well . the unit is lp powered so some rerouting of the exhaust system was required , it a short system exiting on the drivers side just behind the drivers windows on the side . it sounds healthy as hell .

DSC03645.JPG

If the alternator and power steering pump were removed from the 440RV for clarity, you will see the how the water pump housing attaches to the front of both cylinder heads.
Well engineered for the big heavy RV application to prpvide additional cooling passages around the combustion chambers hence the angled plugs.
With anemic compression ratios and cams spc'd for low end torque the heads and pistons are not ideal for passenger car application

Old school car show like I remember as a kid. Small town, grassy field at a church, and it's hot hot hot under the clear skies.
IMG_20230722_135946026_HDR.jpg

If you can drive it that far, Volo isn't much further. :poke:
If I ever make it to Mopars In The Park, then maybe I'd consider Volo. Heck I'll be putting on at least 100 miles between two shows this weekend.

Edit: Note to self don't post while in direct sunlight. Or you may just unknowingly post in wrong thread. Duh:realcrazy:

Back