New girl

So what if.... I know you can get quite a bit of difference in ride hight by playing with the torsion bar adjusters ( I leveled it then dropped the front almost two inches) I've heard crazy notions of making those automatically adjustable either by electric motor or hydraulics. Not something I'm going to just start hacking into this car to accomplish, but I think it can be done and might explore on a parts car if I find one.
Talk to Stormer on here and ask him how he did it.

For a fraction of the cost of all this nonsense, you can rebuild the entire steering and suspension to better than new.
And it will ride damn nice....

Sigh.... Another thread asking for advice & getting opinions instead.

The bottom line with bags is that there's no room for them in the front without chopping & narrowing the stub frame. It can be done but expensive. The rear is simple for bags. Hydraulics also work very well but you give up the entire trunk with tanks & batteries.

I have lowered all of mine by just cranking down the torsion bars & either adding aluminum blocks or just flipping the shackle mount upside down.

The ride quality did not suffer after just flipping the shackle.

Welcome!!
I almost never say this, but the wheels look good. Do the tires rub now at this ride height?
That is a really cool whip as it sits.
With a nice system in it and maybe an electric cooler, throw your buddies in it and go for kilometers of enjoyable cruising.

Welcome, lots of good free knowledge on here. Have not been on fcbo for long but this is the first Windsor...nice rare car. My 2 cents worth on the bags is no for this car because you already said it,s soft.

Welcome aboard from Grimsby ON. Nice car. Keep us posted as you work on it and maybe we'll see you at Moparfest.
Thanks grimsby is pretty close I've spent lots of time down in that canal usually about this time of year, I'm looking forward to mopar fest as I've never been I had to work this past one I think I'll make a point to book it off.

Sigh.... Another thread asking for advice & getting opinions instead.

The bottom line with bags is that there's no room for them in the front without chopping & narrowing the stub frame. It can be done but expensive. The rear is simple for bags. Hydraulics also work very well but you give up the entire trunk with tanks & batteries.

I have lowered all of mine by just cranking down the torsion bars & either adding aluminum blocks or just flipping the shackle mount upside down.

The ride quality did not suffer after just flipping the shackle.

I'll likely start by flipping the shackles or blocking like you, how low does the car sit now I'd love to see it.

These wheels were on the car when I bought it, does anyone know if there factory?
I looked in my 63 Canadian Chrysler book.
Couldn't find them there.

screenshot_2016-01-15-00-09-41-png.68264

Back