New Member from Australia 1968 Sport Fury convertible

Sport Fury in OZ

Reaction score
Hello

I have 1968 Sport Fury convertible that I am restoring and decided to join this forum.

I live in Aus and have a factory right hand drive. 1968 Fury.jpgNow.jpg

Here is a then and now photo.

Cheers Trevor

1968 Fury.jpg

Now.jpg

Welcome to the site from the Motor City!

Last edited:
Welcome aboard. Looks like you are well on your way to a beautiful restoration. Are you doing most of the work yourself?

Hi there. cool looking project. from one right hand drive fury to another across the tazzy sea....
is yours a canadian assembeled and imported to oz, or a phoenix?

Hi there. cool looking project. from one right hand drive fury to another across the tazzy sea....
is yours a canadian assembeled and imported to oz, or a phoenix?

It is a Plymouth Sport Fury Convertible imported as a Plymouth.

It is a Canada build in the Ontario plant in March 1968. It has a 383 auto and was originally Avacardo Green Metallic. It has a fender tag. Here is the tag info

ENGINE: 383cid 2-bbl V8
TRANSMISSION: 3-Speed Automatic
TIRES: 8.25x14 Blue Sidewall
MODEL YEAR: 1968
BUILD DATE: March 06.
AXLE: 3.23 Rear Axle Ratio
INTERIOR: High Trim Grade, Vinyl Bucket Seats. Black Interior.
PAINT: Medium Green Metallic (Dodge), Avocado Green Metallic (Plymouth), Meadow Green Metallic (Chrysler, Imperial).
OTHER: Stripe Deleted.

MOLDINGS:
14: Sill Mouldings
30: Body Belt Mouldings

Cheers Trevor

Sounds similar to our fury,ours was built in ontario and imported to new zealand brand new in 67. a 4 door hardtop
yours has a lot more options tho, ours was as low optioned as it got.
I do sometimes get asked if its a re badged dodge phoenix

Welcome aboard from southern Ontario Canada. Please keep us posted on your progress. Can you share any detail of where you are headed with this project i.e. custom or stock?

Hello Fratzog.

It will be original pretty much other than the colour. I have an interior from SMS Auto Trim and legendary Auto Interiors in black. I have ordered Magnum 500 wheels just waiting on them and will be painting the hood and windscreen grill this week. I have chased a lot of part from Wild Cat Auto Wrecking, Rock Auto and Rubber Steel. Ebay has been quite friendly to me while restoring the car. I have sand blasted the car to bare steel and removed rust from the regular spots repainted the subframe and replaced the right hand rear quarter that Wild Cat Auto Wrecker supplied. The quarter was of a fast back and chopped it to fit. The right hand door was also replaced because of an accident. A lot of hours in the shed banging and sanding to get this far. Here is a few shots for you to look at. SDC13383.jpgSDC13428.jpgSDC13439.jpgSDC13446.jpgSDC13784.jpgSDC13788.jpgSDC13997.jpgSDC14037.jpgSDC14084.jpgSDC14123.jpg

SDC13383.jpg

SDC13428.jpg

SDC13439.jpg

SDC13446.jpg

SDC13784.jpg

SDC13788.jpg

SDC13997.jpg

SDC14037.jpg

SDC14084.jpg

SDC14123.jpg

These Ford rims don't look too bad on the car; bet they're way easier to find in Australia than the Magnums you ordered. :)

Thanks for looking at my progress.
I am hoping to be up and running by the end of September.
The Ford rims are very common and we call them 12 Slotters here. A few years back they started making them for all cars and I saw them on a Datsun. Sad days when that happens.

Cheers Trevor

Very impressive work Trevor, my hat's off to you.

Does that NOOOOO mean don't buy it or do you have them for sale?

Does any one know of a supplier that makes reproduction wheel arch trims or fender trims for my car?

Cheers Trevor

Back