New to the C bodies!

gjs29

Reaction score
Hey yall! I’m here in Texas, new to the C body mopars. Ive got a 68 Chevy c10 I just got road worthy, and now I’m onto this 1967 Chrysler Newport! The Newport is actually longer than my longbed Chevy! Haha. Looking forward to learning more about this car on here!
Currently 383 2BBL, base model. Thanks for the add!

IMG_0516.png

Welcome. Those rides appear to be in great shape. Any more pics of the (We like pictures!)
I’ll definitely get some more pictures up here soon! I’ve had the Chrysler for a while now, the C10 just took longer than I was expecting with all of the shipping on parts taking months to show up. So the truck looks a bit nicer now, and the Chrysler has gotten a few important improvements like new wheels and tires so it’s drive-able as I work on it.

Welcome from the Keystone State.
Thankyou! I’ve used this site for a few issues, and you’ve had answers on here that have already helped me out!
Welcome. Those rides appear to be in great shape. Any more pics of the (We like pictures!)
Here are a few more pictures. Sorry it’s late, I work til 9:00 PM basically every day. I took the dry rotten 14” wheels/tires off the car, replaced with some 17” wheels, and 215/45/R17 tires. Had a buddy of mine powdercoat the new wheels satin black, with a white lip to mimic the thin white wall tires like it had originally. Then silver spider caps. Last photo is the day we purchased it, my wife’s first classic(she was SO PUMPED!), after she drove it almost 3 hours home!

IMG_8286.jpeg

IMG_9360.jpeg

IMG_9385.jpeg

IMG_9386.jpeg

IMG_7641.jpeg

That ride looks great. Very clean and straight. Is the paint on the car original?
Thankyou! I still can’t believe how straight the car is, you can bump the door closed with your pinky finger. According to the guy we purchased from it is original. I found the build sheet under the back seat, it’s pretty beat up from the seat springs, but the factory paint code shows FF-1 C, which should be the Mint green poly. You can see a few spots here and there that have been re-sprayed, we were told that was done at the factory by the original owner. But not sure if that’s true. We are the 3rd owners, car ODO showed just over 81,000 miles when we got it.

Thank you for the posts. It would be great to see the build sheet. After you take photos, you may want to preserve it in a plastic sheet.

Thank you for the posts. It would be great to see the build sheet. After you take photos, you may want to preserve it in a plastic sheet.
Thankyou!
Yessir, I had the build sheet framed, it’s hanging in my office now.

IMG_0591.jpeg

Back