newbe from germany

ratbikeatze

Reaction score
since e few months proud owner of a 68 new yorker 2door, survivor with lots of patina, but first interieur.
had only 2 pre and til now i did only a few small things. changed the beaten up non stock 750 carter comp to a 1406 and same easy stuff it,s my first oldtimer at all, so i'm reading al i can find.
the only small "drawback" is the size, for german roads and parking lots

image.jpg

image.jpg

Nice ride, welcome to the site from the Motor City!

American forum.
English posts.
I don't want to get into this "Press 1 for..." crap.

(Sent using Forum Runner)

When it's the internet it's no longer just the US. The site may have been started here, but there are several members from across the pond now and if someone posts something that I can't decipher, whoopety do, I just go past it. If anyone wants advise or input from the majority of us they have no choice but to use English.

I don't find it troubling. Some of the sarcasm that just the two of us use is probably untranslatable to someone that has not grown up with the English language, and I haven't heard any complaints about us...

The people that only speak English and can't write it, like the inbreds on Youtube and Moparts is what bothers me.

I do however have the opinion that if you want to be a citizen of the USA or work here, you must be fluent in English.

Last edited:
Welcome to the site...

The tires on your New Yorker look just like these....

68 new yorker (68).jpg

68 new yorker (68).jpg

American forum.
English posts.
I don't want to get into this "Press 1 for..." crap.

American?
english?

I doubt it. Considering my experiences in southeast Florida or southern Texas we should all write spanish.
I had a real hard time in Miami. Speaking english of course.

American?
english?

I doubt it. Considering my experiences in southeast Florida or southern Texas we should all write spanish.
I had a real hard time in Miami. Speaking english of course.

Every job ad I see here says: Must be fluent in Spanish.

I could offer some French qualifications I licked up in the past.:)

Back