Newest 70 Custom wagon

70 Sport Suburban

FCBO Gold Member
Reaction score
I recently got this B5 70 wagon from a very good friend of mine and a member on here. The body is fairly clean which is why I wanted it I found rust on my black 70 that I don't want to deal with at this time. So over the 1st week of owning it I was able to swap stuff from the black wagon over to this one.

20200626_164642.jpg

20200626_164649.jpg

20200626_174244.jpg

20200626_174248.jpg

20200626_224836.jpg

20200627_143900.jpg

20200628_144753.jpg

do you plan to part out the black wagon?
Not at the moment it actually still runs and drives and will have the plan Fury grill and the seats that came in this wagon. I have spare rear plastics just not a spare tire cover. It has a freshened up 440 in it with duals. Once I get it back together I hopefully can sell it as a running and driving wagon and someone wants to fix it up.

Not at the moment it actually still runs and drives and will have the plan Fury grill and the seats that came in this wagon. I have spare rear plastics just not a spare tire cover. It has a freshened up 440 in it with duals. Once I get it back together I hopefully can sell it as a running and driving wagon and someone wants to fix it up.

what is the rust you ran into and don't want to deal with?

Manny I'm glad to see you start this thread here. Dont get me wrong, it's nice to see you post on F-book but the pictures go away which makes it difficult to follow along with your progress.
Will you be able to make the show Aug 1st?

Manny I'm glad to see you start this thread here. Dont get me wrong, it's nice to see you post on F-book but the pictures go away which makes it difficult to follow along with your progress.
Will you be able to make the show Aug 1st?
Thanks Paul so far everything is a go for August 1st!!! It's been fun working on the new wagon so far and seeing the progress I've been going 6 hrs a night for over a week straight on her.

what is the rust you ran into and don't want to deal with?
The driverside upper window channel about 3 ft of it on the long window. But I actually have a roof section that would go with it. Once I get the black one back together I'll make a post about it.

After getting all the swapping of part's done found out the cam had a bad lobe warn down pretty bad. So I swapped in a cam I had on the shelf and took off the torker intake that was on it and cleaned the motor up a little. And installed my new 3 core radiator I got for it and hopefully get a factory kickdown today after work.

20200712_195935.jpg

20200712_195950.jpg

20200712_200003.jpg

20200714_190953.jpg

received_230127744674871.jpeg

And for some reason in the past a power drum brake booster was put on it. The wagon is factory disc I had a power brake booster and master laying around also.

received_645282099418690.jpeg

Wow that lifter and cam lobe sure wore each other out!
Sure did it was running ruff when I got it but it started to back fire through the carb. Talked to a few friends and figured to check the timing and found that lobe warn out so badly.

Hey also if you have any back right hand window that you’d sell me I believe it’s the same for 70-71. I got mine from my grandfather and some kids one Halloween scratched up the back window on the back right side. All the way on back the long one! If you have one off that black wagon you’d sell me and let me know.

Hey also if you have any back right hand window that you’d sell me I believe it’s the same for 70-71. I got mine from my grandfather and some kids one Halloween scratched up the back window on the back right side. All the way on back the long one! If you have one off that black wagon you’d sell me and let me know.
I have one. AC car?

I have one. AC car?
Yep it has ac but not working at moment. Vac leak some where. Lucky for me I live in Colorado in the mountains so I don’t really need ac. But I got to fix that AC and put an antenna on the car to get radio working. I also need to get the back door lever working it opens but the lever spring mechanism is messed up. Me and my son did get it open about three weeks ago though and it opens both ways as it should. Other than that everything else on the car works except the keyhole on the back door will only roll my window down it won’t roll it up unless I cross the wires.

How much for the window?

Back