No title bill of sale

There needs to be a national standard for this problem. Some states don't need titles for cars over 25 years old, some states do. Beware if you live in Missouri, those folks won't cut you a break.

It's a common thing in the old car hobby to have "open" titles. Don't do it; don't accept a car with an open title. And if you sell a car, make sure the actual buyer's name is filled out on the title. Don't let them leave it open. Get a bill of sale as well.
$2500 lesson learned, I’ll be parting it out already started disassemble for restore so it is what it is.

Geargia says,
For model years 1985 and older OR vehicles such as homemade, boat or utility trailers weighing less than 2,000 pounds, for which a title is "not required", a Bill of Sale is used to transfer ownership and is proof of ownership.

I bought a Geargia car last year with a bill of sale and Arkansas accepted that and produced a title for me. State police did run a search on the car.
I thought about registering it out of state (MN), sale, or parting it out I’ll know soon

Bill of Sale, was notarized and presented with a copy of the previous owners registration and Identification. Yet the clerk stated a title couldn’t be produced.
DDS is the department of driver services, as others call it DMV the department of motor vehicles

IMG_1192.png

Staying Focus: finding solutions,

Conditional Titles​

Effective July 1, 2019, vehicles 1962 or older may now receive Conditional Titles.

• Once issued, the title will contain a disclaimer indicating that the title may not reflect all liens or other encumbrances affecting the motor vehicle.
  • No customer penalties will apply since this is not required but optional.
  • The Rebuilt Title process does not apply to Conditional Titles.
  • Vehicles receiving a Conditional Title which were sold by dealers are exempt from sales tax but must submit title paperwork within 30 days to avoid penalties when selling vehicles with conditional titles requested.
  • The standard $18 title fee applies. The transaction is subject to TAVT based on $100 vehicle value.

Applying for a Conditional Title when you are the current owner:​

1. Use DRIVES e-Services to Pre-Apply for Title & Registration to begin the process before going to your local county tag office.
  2. Pay the appropriate fees: $18 title fee and TAVT based on $100 vehicle value.
  3. The county tag office will submit the request and your title will be mailed to you.

Back