For Sale Non Mopar-73 L82 Stingray

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joseph James

Reaction score
Contact seller
is non-Mopar ok to post?

Wife inherited a 73 Stingray. She doesn’t want the car. If there is any interest, I’ll post some photos.

Was her dad’s car. It’s in good shape just hasn’t ran in a few years. We plan on having it in running condition when it’s sold.

Says "other cars" under the description for "Non C Body Stuff for Sale" so I'd assume you're good.

Engine? Condition? Price?

Pics would be good.

Working on it. I’ll probably go over today and have a look. I’ll snap a few pics. Consider them “before” pics. Tires are low and it has some pollen on it since I pulled cover off the other day.

65Sporty nailed it on engine and transmission is automatic.

The market for the '73 is pretty decent now, which wasn't always the case because of that front bumper. Is this a "numbers matching" car?

The market for the '73 is pretty decent now, which wasn't always the case because of that front bumper. Is this a "numbers matching" car?
Yes. As far as I know. Any tips on what I should look for?

Body is good, so is paint. Red with black interior. T tops look rough to me. Rear bumper has some rust. She bought one on eBay that looks much better.

The passenger side hood won’t unlatch. Found some tips on getting it open. Going over to try tonight. Will take some pics. My wife has been after me to get this car started for months. Now that the Fury is a reliable daily, I need to get her Vette running. We know it needs tires so far.

It was last driven in 2005. However, the fuel tank was drained. It is bone dry. Car was kept in a garage with a car cover on it.

Last edited:
The L82 is a 210HP 350, unless it's a 4 speed it would be a THM350 trans.

Geez... I saw that in the title too...

homer_simpson_doh_02.gif

Yes. As far as I know. Any tips on what I should look for?

See if the VIN number matches up with the numbers on the stamp pad (at passenger side head)
Here's a quick video

Vette guys are very picky (bitchy) about numbers, so I advise you to not loose anything even if you feel like it's no good. Corvette central is a good resource if you need anything to get it going.

Also, if you wind up pulling the gas tank look for the tank sticker and put it away for safe keeping.

See if the VIN number matches up with the numbers on the stamp pad (at passenger side head)
Here's a quick video

Vette guys are very picky (bitchy) about numbers, so I advise you to not loose anything even if you feel like it's no good. Corvette central is a good resource if you need anything to get it going.

Also, if you wind up pulling the gas tank look for the tank sticker and put it away for safe keeping.

Thank you very much for the help. Didn’t stop by Vette today. My Fury has a collapsed brake line so I went to order a new one. I told my wife the Fury comes first.

I've got some experience with Corvettes (C3s specifically) and may be able to help you if you have any questions.

852FA7DB-517C-4AA4-AAB0-41CB38B860E0.jpeg
You're asking for an appraisal...

No. No appraisal. Wife will figure out what she wants then I will be reality setting in.

It has taken me this long to get the hood open. It finally freed up on passenger side. I think this is why my father in law stopped driving it.

Last weekend I turned it over a few times. Had to google where the battery is located.

image.jpg

image.jpg

Last edited:
It looks to be a decent car. Do you have the hard tops or are they MIA?

If you intend on getting it going, I suggest going through the brakes, doing a bleed/flush to make sure they work. These cars have a tendency for the calipers to freeze up, especially after sitting for a while.

Good to see you found the battery. Now let me tell you about how the body has to be lifted to replace the cables:rolleyes:

It looks to be a decent car. Do you have the hard tops or are they MIA?

If you intend on getting it going, I suggest going through the brakes, doing a bleed/flush to make sure they work. These cars have a tendency for the calipers to freeze up, especially after sitting for a while.

Good to see you found the battery. Now let me tell you about how the body has to be lifted to replace the cables:rolleyes:

GM side posts. Hate em. They have a tendency for poor connections. I hit them with some DeOxit. Hope they hold up. I put the Fury battery in it last weekend and turned engine over a few times.

Thanks for the brake advice. I will check them. Car sitting since 04 or 05. Distributor cap has oxidation, same for rotor. Have ordered those and points.

Top is t tops. No other roof parts are with it I am aware of.

Plan is: brakes, tires, tuneup, wash and wax. Also have another chrome bumper. Existing one starting to rust.

Critters getting evicted.

image.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back