For Sale NOT MINE 1965 426/4speed Spot Fury

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know where there are 2 complete 426 4 spds in Florida they are complete needs work but he won't sell them 7years now he keeps saying that he is going to restore them
The guy over by [Edit: Deleted for privacy reasons] yes?

Last edited:
Just got off the phone with the guy selling the car. He had no idea what he had when he posted it. He has had over 300 PM's. I tracked him down at his job. He said he didn't set out or intend to "bait and switch" on the price but with the responses he's got he realized he was leaving a lot on the table that would be for his mom. He has an appraiser coming out to get a better idea of its worth. He has had an offers up to 30K. Car has been parked since 1973, he has the new 1974 registration sticker that was never used. Car has 70,000 miles on it. If I could have got a response from him Saturday night I would've been up there yesterday with the cash and my trailer. Wasn't meant to be...for me.

He has had an offers up to 30K.

I don know... 300 PM's? I see only 15 Comments & 33 Shares in the MOPARS UNLIMITED group post that is 2 days old. I think someones pulling yer chain, 10k is 'bout right IMHO.

This SF 4spd was available back in 2013. I've seen plenty like this over the past 10 years, many 4spd, and many autos all nice and complete and in the 12k to 35k price range done up.

1965 Plymouth Sport Fury 426 4 Speed - $26,000 (Shawsville) - Wiju CarsVehicles.jpg

1965 Plymouth Sport Fury 426 4 Speed - $26,000 (Shawsville).002.jpg

1965 Plymouth Sport Fury 426 4 Speed - $26,000 (Shawsville).005.jpg

1965 Plymouth Sport Fury 426 4 Speed - $26,000 (Shawsville).007.jpg

1965 Plymouth Sport Fury 426 4 Speed - $26,000 (Shawsville).006.jpg

He has my name and number. I told him my offer of 10K stands and to give me about 5 hours to get there. I'm not gonna hold my breath.

He has my name and number. I told him my offer of 10K stands and to give me about 5 hours to get there. I'm not gonna hold my breath.

IMHO I think he should grab your offer and take it to the bank and not putz around with appraisers which I believe will lead to just seeing this car for many months of being spammed all over the net (BaT). An if I were you I'd give it a good looking over in the sunlight as all the pictures up on FB are pretty low quality. 2¢

The chatter was saying he was going to up it to 15k. He's all over the place. There could be a whole different story underneath the car. The top isn't bad, but it needs paint, probably fuel and brakes systems gone through. Then does the engine need to be pulled and resealed and/or rebuilt?? Clutch disc rusted to the flywheel? Trans good? Rear end need service?
The guys on FB saying how rare the car is, and how cheap he's letting it go, are fanning his flames. The magic 426 numbers seemed to put ants in their pants, but do they know it's not a Hemi or MW.....
I'd still probably buy it for 10k, unless the underneath was a mess.
It isn't easy or cheap to find 65 Fury pieces and parts.

I read the comments a day ago, I liked the one asking everyone why they don't pony up the money and buy it, vs telling him to raise the price. A bunch of idiots.

Thought I was gonna be the new owner. Seller called me Tuesday, said he was fed up with the no shows, the tire kickers, the "let me see if I can scrape up the money", etc. If I was still interested in it at his original price I could have it. I told him it would be the weekend before i could make the trip, we both said Sunday (today) would be the best. Touched base with him Thursday, tried to get a hold him yesterday to get directions, finally returned my messages about 8 last night. Said his mom sold the car earlier in the day. :confused:. I asked him did it go to an enthusiast or am I gonna see it being flipped in a couple months? He said it was sold to a local guy (Atlanta area) that already has a couple Fury's. Said his plan is to restore it. Win some, you lose some.

I've communicated with him a few times. He seems like a decent guy, definitely a mopar lover. He already has it running.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back