NOT MINE Not mine - Save a 1970 Fury III Convertible from the crusher (On FB)

Chryslerdude

Reaction score
Just saw this poor thing.. Hope someone will save it.. It's in Greensboro, GA - Priced at 1200 USD

Only 1952 convertibles made..

SEE CAR ON FB

"1970 Plymouth Fury 3 Convertible.Clean TITLE !!!Roller only (no engine or trans)Less of these were produced than Superbird. I have 1200 in the car, this is last time I'm posting. If not sold the County will force me to crush it".

1727018542048.png

Thanks to @70 Sport Suburban we know that this is PM27L0D256172 -- no fender tag thus far, though.

I see A/C vents (H51) and signal repeaters (L31), as well as manual (crank) windows. Could it be FK3?

Still some parts. Surely someone could pick this thing up for 1200?
Hate to see it crushed over a G.

It appears the car is gone as the ad is no longer available.

In the 90s, I had a burnt orange 70 Fury III vert. It was a 383 with factory a/c and a bumper hitch. I wish I didn't sell it but feel worse if this is the car and what happened to it.
Easy to check: the VIN is PM27L0D256172 -- does this match yours? If not, then we have just learned of another Fury iii 'vert and would love to get period photos and info about yours (including VIN and, ideally, fender tag / options). Thanks in advance!

PS: looking at my records, I see that this car was for sale in Georgia back in 2020 -- see this thread, started in January 2021 but showing green leaves which means the car was available the previous year (and, indeed, @70 Sport Suburban alerted me to the car back in August of 2020 -- she is listed in The Last of the Convertibles thread here).

1728677099730.png

Last edited:
That's mine, very sad day. I sold it in 2006 and it went to Tampa area. It had a small bit of rust by the top on the left rear but that was it. I had 2 kids under 2 and wasn't able to keep it. I'll see if I have pictures of it still.

PM27L0D256172B455EB05/12/200768789469Paper1970PLYM

That's mine, very sad day. I sold it in 2006 and it went to Tampa area. It had a small bit of rust by the top on the left rear but that was it. (...) I'll see if I have pictures of it still.
Thank you. Sad day indeed. If you happen to have records of the options that the car had, that would be super: ideally the fender tag or the window sticker or a build sheet, but if not it'd be good to know what you remember of the options on the car (I see L31 hood signal repeaters, H51 A/C, LHS rearview mirror with remote control, and a high-end optional steering wheel -- but that's pretty much it, and she had unbolted drum brakes, right?)

Correct, drum brakes front and rear. 383 2 bbl, a/c, power steering and brakes, electric top, manual windows, optional steering wheel, am radio, split bench seat with arm rest and black interior. I think the car came out of Ohio. My dad bought it for his Plymouth collection in 1979 and I traded a low mileage 73 'cuda 340-4 speed with him because I was going to Florida and the Fury III had A/C. Definitely one of my favorite Plymouths I've owned.

Correct, drum brakes front and rear. 383 2 bbl, a/c, power steering and brakes, electric top, manual windows, optional steering wheel, am radio, split bench seat with arm rest and black interior. I think the car came out of Ohio. My dad bought it for his Plymouth collection in 1979 and I traded a low mileage 73 'cuda 340-4 speed with him because I was going to Florida and the Fury III had A/C. Definitely one of my favorite Plymouths I've owned.
Thank you! Do you remember if it was FK3 or FK5?

Back