Oh no I bought another one 1970 Newport Convertible

Lowbudget

Reaction score
I passed on this right before my back surgery a couple months ago. The seller said the guy that wanted it jerked his chain for a couple months. It popped up for sale again so I grabbed it. Facebook The seller is going to meet me halfway in SLC UT. This one is going to get back to being mechanically sound and then be driven, ratty or not. For the price I paid I couldn't pass it up. I will do the total restore on the 60 300 convertible.

Congratulations @Lowbudget on buying CE27N0C180789 — looks like FF4.

FWIW, I am aware of very few N-code Newport convertibles. Would you post the tag?

IMG_3464.jpeg

IMG_3463.jpeg

IMG_3466.jpeg

IMG_3468.jpeg

IMG_3469.jpeg

IMG_3467.jpeg

IMG_3465.jpeg

IMG_3460.jpeg

Last edited:
He says the original tag was lost when front clip was changed. Hopefully the build sheet is there.
Thank you. I see some nice options like power locks and an 8-track radio cassette. Does the car have Autotemp?

I think it's a FY4 car. I probably would have bought it if the fender tag was there to match my dad's car. The N-code made it very special and the gold interior is a knock out refinished! But I guess I'll continue to hold out for my elusive U-code Newport convertible lol.

20220715_074301.jpg

20190414_161348.jpg

It may be ratty, but looks to be a rock solid car. You really can't go wrong with such a rust free car, especially if you got it for a bargain price.

Jeff

I think it's a FY4 car. I probably would have bought it if the fender tag was there to match my dad's car. The N-code made it very special and the gold interior is a knock out refinished! But I guess I'll continue to hold out for my elusive U-code Newport convertible lol.
I thought FF4 paint, mostly because of the firewall. The steering wheel and dash are from a gold interior for sure, which much be E2Y4. Since the latter was not available on an FF4 car (for some reason -- I think it'd have looked great), the most likely choices are FF4 or FY6. The latter is too dark from what I see here, and the door jambs do look greenish gold, so you may be right.

Hopefully @Lowbudget finds the build sheet and confirms the options!

PS: from the ad, I see further evidence suggesting it is indeed FY4 -- "383 4 barrel. AT. Power windows, power antenna, power seat, power disc brakes, factory AC. Am/fm with 8 track. Pretty straight with very little rust. Front sheet metal doesn’t match the car so the fender tag doesn’t match either. Floors are great. Some small trunk rust. Has sat awhile so the gas is bad. (...) In Carlin Nevada"

PPS: yes, it has ATC
1720985488839.png

Last edited:
Ayilar, the owner says the build sheet is under the front seat. He said it looked fragile so he didn't mess with it. He was going to use it for a parts car but decided it was too nice and that it needed a good home.

It's a disc brake car

I can't wait to pick it up Friday and get started on getting it road ready.

Ayilar, the owner says the build sheet is under the front seat. He said it looked fragile so he didn't mess with it. He was going to use it for a parts car but decided it was too nice and that it needed a good home.

It's a disc brake car

I can't wait to pick it up Friday and get started on getting it road ready.
You got a kick *** foundation to work with!

Back