On The Road Again

jmustian

FCBO Gold Member
Reaction score
Finally on the road again after 3 years in my garage and 20+ years in storage.

IMG_20240611_101436072_HDR.jpg

IMG_20240611_101404668_HDR.jpg

IMG_20240611_101341489_HDR.jpg

IMG_20240611_101333523_HDR.jpg

IMG_20240611_101322061_HDR.jpg

IMG_20240611_101314151_HDR.jpg

IMG_20240611_101303437_HDR.jpg

IMG_20240611_101252970_HDR.jpg

Very nice! Probably easy to talk your way out of a speeding ticket with that license plate! Just kidding, great car, love the color. Cam Shaft

Car looks great! Be sure to secure that toolbox so it does not slide around in corners and such. Hate to have any dings from the inside out on those lloonngggg quarter panels.

Enjoy!
CBODY67

Very nice! Probably easy to talk your way out of a speeding ticket with that license plate! Just kidding, great car, love the color. Cam Shaft
Probably haha. The cops know me anyway but I gave up speeding, too many folks on their phone instead of driving these days.

Love Shack... '' I got me a car that's as big as a whale. And we're heading on down to the Love Shack. I got me a Chrysler that seats about 20!''

So! Why was this beauty tucked away so long?
I'm not sure. It was a Colorado car and stored, maybe for retirement, but then was apparently sold to a fellow in NY who tried to make a hot rod out of it. I believe he died and this little car resto company in Wisconsin got it in a package deal. They didn't restore boats so I saw it on a car sight and bought it, sight unseen except for hundreds of pictures.
It had a new top, maybe 5 years old. A new fuel system, new floor pans and trunk, and brand new tires, (made in 2000), haha.
I had to rebuild trans, steering gear and suspension, differential, upholstery, carpet. Etc. took me 3 years cause I'm a disabled vet, but I don't quit. Broke back twice, cracked neck in two places and fighting with agent orange. Wow, long reply

I'm not sure. It was a Colorado car and stored, maybe for retirement, but then was apparently sold to a fellow in NY who tried to make a hot rod out of it. I believe he died and this little car resto company in Wisconsin got it in a package deal. They didn't restore boats so I saw it on a car sight and bought it, sight unseen except for hundreds of pictures.
It had a new top, maybe 5 years old. A new fuel system, new floor pans and trunk, and brand new tires, (made in 2000), haha.
I had to rebuild trans, steering gear and suspension, differential, upholstery, carpet. Etc. took me 3 years cause I'm a disabled vet, but I don't quit. Broke back twice, cracked neck in two places and fighting with agent orange. Wow, long reply
PS. The NY guy put a cam in it I think, custom fit dual exhaust and some minor things. Must have figured out it's hard to race a 4400 lb car.

I have the perfect diversion to get out of a ticket, I run an original highway patrol plate on the '81 Gran Fury since it was originally an NCHP car and we're allowed to run original plates on old cars, got the official trooper's association plate on the front too. They still use that plate format so that should be an interesting conversation...

Last edited:
Back