Original paints for 69 Imperial Lebaron

marnaw

Reaction score
Hello Folks.Where do find the original paints for your 1969 Imperials?

The original paint was acrylic enamel (now termed "single stage", compared to the current basecoat/clearcoat paints being termed "two stage"). I believe what used to be DuPont Centauri is now Xalto-brand paint?

What used to be (or still is) www.TCPGlobal.com is a source for factory-color paints, even single stage acrylic enamels. I've never dealt with them, but they have been around for a good while.

There are also paint color chip charts for the OEM-level DuPont paints for the cars, too. Check the color code decode on the Data Plate on your car for color option information. Should also be some information in the "Library" at www.hamtramck-historical.com .

CBODY67

PPG paint?generally i don’t,I live in Poland,where Chrysler paint are unavailable.But I went to TCPglobal.com and found what I was looking for

The original paint was acrylic enamel (now termed "single stage", compared to the current basecoat/clearcoat paints being termed "two stage"). I believe what used to be DuPont Centauri is now Xalto-brand paint?

What used to be (or still is) www.TCPGlobal.com is a source for factory-color paints, even single stage acrylic enamels. I've never dealt with them, but they have been around for a good while.

There are also paint color chip charts for the OEM-level DuPont paints for the cars, too. Check the color code decode on the Data Plate on your car for color option information. Should also be some information in the "Library" at www.hamtramck-historical.com .

CBODY67
Thank you Sir for your comprehensive answer

Back