Radio Test

Patrick

Reaction score
I have a 67 New Yorker with the 4 dial radio in the dash. I think the PO may have rewired things significantly in there so I don't know if the radio works or not, or if he disconnected the speakers, or what. I purchased another radio for $10 and I'd like to test it externally before I try a swap out. There are two connectors to it, does anyone know which one is power and which one is speakers?

I have a 67 New Yorker with the 4 dial radio in the dash. I think the PO may have rewired things significantly in there so I don't know if the radio works or not, or if he disconnected the speakers, or what. I purchased another radio for $10 and I'd like to test it externally before I try a swap out. There are two connectors to it, does anyone know which one is power and which one is speakers?

Working off memory there is a two wire connector orange and yellow that is power and light (chassis is ground).
There should be another pair of wires green and black, that is the speaker.

Alan

That's is correct colour wise, and that is what I hoped it was wiring wise. Thanks! And thanks for the chassis ground, too, wasn't sure how it was grounded.

Back