RALLY WHEEL LUG NUTS ?

Douglas

Reaction score
can any one direct me to sorce lug nuts for my 68 New Yorker i'm putting rally wheels on. they are listed on Ebay for 37 $ for the vehicle 10 left and 10 right. just want to make sure i order the correct ones for the rally wheels. they are 1 7/8 in height 1/2 20 thread 7/8 socket

I haven't seen the ones on ebay. I ordered and purchased the 1972 Barracuda we have with the Ralley wheel option. I don't know if they would be the same for C bodies but the ones I have are different. Mine measure 1 and 5/8 inches high. Here are some pictures.

Lug Nut 1.jpg

Lug Nut 2.jpg

My recommendation is to use the lug nuts that have a broader/wider seat to them as they are less prone to expanding the lug nut holes in the wheel.

I looked at the ones on Ebay and they are pretty close. The tops are different in that they don't come to a point like the originals. You only need the ones with the broader seat if you have old worn out rims. I've never come across a problem with lug nuts on ralley rims but I guess if they are rusty or worn badly there could be a problem. The ones on Ebay are the closest I've seen to the originals.

I looked at the ones on Ebay and they are pretty close. The tops are different in that they don't come to a point like the originals. You only need the ones with the broader seat if you have old worn out rims. I've never come across a problem with lug nuts on ralley rims but I guess if they are rusty or worn badly there could be a problem. The ones on Ebay are the closest I've seen to the originals.
i ordered new rally wheels they are us wheels replica so no worn or used rims. thank you for your help

If you look at my original that I posted, pictures of the ones in that post are still not correct. I have not seen any reproductions that match the originals that came on my car. Personally, I don't think having an exact match is that important with lug nuts. If a company is making them to fit the older Mopar's, then why not make them look correct?

If you look at my original that I posted, pictures of the ones in that post are still not correct. I have not seen any reproductions that match the originals that came on my car. Personally, I don't think having an exact match is that important with lug nuts. If a company is making them to fit the older Mopar's, then why not make them look correct?
The ones on my Cuda were correct and I had checked with others that came with their cars and they matched mine. I do not believe yours are the original ones but aftermarket. Call up PG Classic as they are one of the best reproduction companies out there from my experience. They would not spend the money to make reproductions that are not correct.

I also have a 1970 Dodge Monaco with its original road wheels and its owner said he was the original owner who bought it new that way and I also have a 1969 Dodge Charger RT/SE that I bought from the original owner and it had its original rallye wheels on it also with the rounded (not conical like the ones on your car) top caps with a little dimple in the center too. The ones from PG Classic are definitely correct and not that expensive either.................................

Last edited:
If you read my original post, you would know that I am the original owner. Those are the correct ones that came from the factory on my 1972 Barracuda with rally rims. Have you owned your car since it was new? There are plenty of people with cars that are telling others what is correct. If they are not the original owners, it doesn't mean a thing. I'm not trying to sound nasty, but those came on my car. Is it possible Mopar used more than one style, maybe.

I suppose in 1972 they could have changed, but I don't have any original owner 1972 and up such wheels on them so I can't say for sure.......................again maybe PG Classic might have some idea. I did edit my original post to give more clarity that mine came from original owner cars.

Back