For Sale Rare 67 polara slnt/6

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can see your point. Is there anyone on this forum with experience in driving a similar beast as this with a /6? I had a later 1960's Chevy BelAir with a straight six and a three speed manual on the column. It was no speed demon but I don't remember it being a dog either.
All I know is that I considered my Canadian 68 Monaco to be considerably underpowered with it's stock 2bbl 318LA and single exhaust. Make that a /6 and keep it auto and I imagine a complete dog. I may be surprised though.

*EDIT* For perspective, My DD for the last two years has been a 96 Ford Ranger 4x4 4cyl 5spd. Takes about 2 miles to get up to highway speed SCREAMING in 4th as it won't handle 5th at any less than 65 MPH. This is what I imagine which is why I say "I may be surprised, though."

I can see your point. Is there anyone on this forum with experience in driving a similar beast as this with a /6? I had a later 1960's Chevy BelAir with a straight six and a three speed manual on the column. It was no speed demon but I don't remember it being a dog either.
I have a slant six/ automatic in my 65 fury 1, it's no speed demon by any means but it cruises along fine, may take a while to get to the desired speed. They were reliable engines. When I get the body finished and back together it will be my daily driver for non winter months.

I don't think their is a heater either. Where is the heater box? the hose coming from the water pump looks like a closed loop going nowhere.
00b0b_bINzQt8uWQh_600x450.jpg
the heater box looks like it is riveted shut...

That would make a great turbo project put 2 little turbos on there so it pulls down low and cruise around getting 20+ mpg in a C body.

Plus of course the cool factor.

That would make a great turbo project put 2 little turbos on there so it pulls down low and cruise around getting 20+ mpg in a C body.

it's an a-body, but you get the idea. hang a little hairdrier on each side, and you have a nice little motor. and not too expensive to do either.

js640_js640_turboside.jpg

I have a slant six/ automatic in my 65 fury 1, it's no speed demon by any means but it cruises along fine, may take a while to get to the desired speed. They were reliable engines. When I get the body finished and back together it will be my daily driver for non winter months.
Exactly my experience with my Dad's 67.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back