Rear bumber 69-70?

racingse

Reaction score
Is the rear bumber the same for 1969 and the 1970?
Got a 1970 300 rag top with a bad rear bumper and have located a 1969 rear bumper.

Is the rear bumber the same for 1969 and the 1970?
Got a 1970 300 rag top with a bad rear bumper and have located a 1969 rear bumper.

Not gonna work my friend, check it out:

69 Chrysler 300.jpg

70 Chrysler 300.jpg

Tanks 70 FuselageImperial for our answer.
Then i have to keep chasing for another bumper. You an see a little of my bumper here, there are some heavy damage to it.

300.jpg

bumper

I saw a 69` 300 with the 70` bumper at spring fling one year since I`ve also prefer the 70` I asked the owner and said it was an easy swap but you would need whole bumper assembly lenses and hardware to do the swap , its obvious that you can`t inner change those items to fit the 70`.

If you plan to rechrome a good core if and when you find it you may first want to get a quote on straightening and rechroming your current bumper. The additional cost might be minimal.

My plan was to find a nice looking bumper and just replace it but i realized they are not easy to find, at least not in Sweden.
Anyone know where to find one?

Last edited:
If you plan to rechrome a good core if and when you find it you may first want to get a quote on straightening and rechroming your current bumper. The additional cost might be minimal.
Absolutley right, especially considering what it'll cost to ship a bumper to Sweeden.

I know who has a bumper for you...........

Absolutley right, especially considering what it'll cost to ship a bumper to Sweeden.

Hello,

jamesdaytona from 'for C-Bodies Only' has a bumper for you. Just contact him via this board.

I added a picture of the bumper I got from him because I bought some chrome parts.

Good luck!

PB270015.JPG

PB270016.JPG

Thank you for your replies. I will look thru all the links.
I sent a pm to jamesdaytona.
No problems sending parts to Sweden, it isnt that expensive.
Chroming in sweden is very exensive.

I never realized the difference between the two bumpers on the Chrysler but it makes sense, loop bumper in 70'

I saw a 69` 300 with the 70` bumper at spring fling one year since I`ve also prefer the 70` I asked the owner and said it was an easy swap but you would need whole bumper assembly lenses and hardware to do the swap , its obvious that you can`t inner change those items to fit the 70`.

the trunk lid and trunk extensions are different

It looks it....... but doable

It probably is doable....with enough greenbacks and time...but I think I'd wait to find a 70' rear end......what with demo derbies and drivetrain thieves, fuselage cars are just too rare and nice to be grafting totally dissimilar parts between them......just my 2 pennies.

i might have bumper but ill have to see if its a clean one if your interested. i live in north dakota so i dont know how it would be shipped

Looks like i found a rear bumper in Sweden, its a core for chroming
Thanks for your answers.

Back