Remember when?

Those might be the new signs but this is the same location as the old picture.
Daytona.jpg

Alan

View attachment 384618

Alan
Yep back when Main St and the Boardwalk was the attraction before the Disneyification of the Speedway and One Daytona, but then there was the death knell "The Mall" previous years that they have been trying to reverse ever since the 70's.

i remember that and i would not trade the memories for nothing those where the days .im still looking for my decoder ring :lol:

yes, the sharpener that would work for 10 seconds until the crayon jammed in there :)

always a laugh when some else smacks there knuckles with them instead of your knuckles

View attachment 384618

Alan

You should Google our new 47 Million dollar bridge 2 bridges south, some around here are saying the Pyramids were built in a quicker time, for sure the San Francisco Golden Gate bridge was put up in a shorter time. (I didn't fact check this, that one was from our local radio talk show host know it all)

Seems now the problem is ADA compliant related.

"The side-to-side slope of the bridge sidewalks is too steep in several areas and will need to be reduced to meet Americans with Disabilities Act requirements, he said."

New Daytona bridge could open in a few days

They say it looks real gud all lit up at night. I just think that's a waste of energy and that light bill as is with the Speedway Bridge (with lights on during the day) will be a further burden on the taxpayers.

:realcrazy: :BangHead:

Back