Restoring My 1968 Sport Fury convertible

Then it got turned around someday or installed by a drunk assembly line worker. :)
The ones I saw always showed the cid up in front.

I went and looked the 383 faces the driver and the Plymouth logo points up the middle line of the hood

that may or may not be the correct orientation :)

2mq27w2.jpg

Last edited:
No. Orientation is as I said! Engine size faces forward ahead of the car and The pointed tip of the V points towards the driver....

Posted via Topify using Android

Last edited:
Isn't that a small block emblem on the picture or am I seeing it wrong?

lol. just lol. I love this board.

im gonna go take a pic of whats on my car. also there was a good reference pic in maybe the moparfest thread. but hang on ill post a pic.

Pimp hand me...

http://stream1.gifsoup.com/view2/1117135/ari-gold-*****-slap-o.gif

2 for 2.

I thought the emblem looked like this:

2zpkv8l.jpg

because of these...

292liqx.jpg

Last edited:
I take a slap as well, I had the standing hood ornaments on my mind. :)

67 is standing up, 68 is this thing. speaking of that- did you all see the clear pentastar glass emblem on flea bay? id wear that on my pimp chain

Thanks for all of your help, Sorry about the confusion on witch emblem but now I know witch way the bugger sits.
Cheers Trevor

I have got a bit more done on the Plymouth. Mounted the bonnet emblem and the PLYMOUTH letters. A new windscreen and right hand mirror. I also fitted the fuel tank, wiring to the rear and under the bonnet. But the best news is I have got all my engine parts from the US and can finish the engine. If all goes well I should have the engine ready to assemble next week or so.

Cheers Trevor

Badges.jpgMirror.jpgWindscreen.jpg

Badges.jpg

Mirror.jpg

Windscreen.jpg

Where did you purchase your windshield and rubber gasket? Did it fit well? Thanks John.

I bought it from Ralph Moore Classic Auto Glass in Sydney. The rubber is a reproduction one from Steel Rubber. Ralph supplied the glass and the rubber and I fitted it. The rubber fitted very well. All up $660AU.
Cheers Trevor

I bought it from Ralph Moore Classic Auto Glass in Sydney. The rubber is a reproduction one from Steel Rubber. Ralph supplied the glass and the rubber and I fitted it. The rubber fitted very well. All up $660AU.
Cheers Trevor

Is that a laminated front screen too? Im curious how you put it in without cracking it.

Yes it is laminated screen. It is quiet an easy screen to fit. The bottom edge sit on the opening and the dash and then using a string you pull the rest of the screen in starting on the bottom sides and work your way evenly to the middle at the top. Having a new rubber helps.
Cheers Trevor

Back