WANTED Road Wheels - anyone?

AL_Brad

FCBO Gold Member
Reaction score
Contact seller
Anybody in the Southeast have a nice set of four they'd like to sell? I'd like to save on shipping. Thanks.

^pic stolen from c body boat's ad from back in Apr^

Road Wheel.JPG

I do have another full set I am to pick up soon. The caps and rings look pretty good. The wheels with need repainted I'm sure

I have a single road wheel. $100 with a mint tire that could be used as a spare tire.

IMG_2658.jpeg
IMG_2659.jpeg
IMG_2660.jpeg
IMG_2661.jpeg
IMG_2662.jpeg

I have a set of 4 in pretty good shape. I'm in Lancaster County PA, so that's probably too far away. If interested, I'll get pictures and sell them for the same price $100 each. I've had them a long time, just haven't thought about selling them. You can see them here:

1965 Sport Fury Restoration

If you go through the thread a little you'll see some other pictures of them on the car.
They were on the car when I pulled it out of my parents barn in 2014, actually they've been on the car since the mid '80s.

Thanks Darby. Please do get some pics if you have a minute. My sisters live near Allentown and could get them for me. I can work on getting them from them later. I appreciate it.

Thanks Darby. Please do get some pics if you have a minute. My sisters live near Allentown and could get them for me. I can work on getting them from them later. I appreciate it.
Here's a picture of each wheel with a closer picture of the same wheel. As you can see, they need to be cleaned up, the car hasn't been washed for almost 25 years (instead of washing it, I took it apart and stripped the paint off :)). I took some fine steel wool and rubbed a spot on each wheel and ring. I honestly think they'll clean up just as nice as they were when I was driving the car. They're not perfect, but they're in real nice shape. There was one cap on a center that came off when I changed tires one time, came apart from the clip on the rear. I epoxied it and it has held up well (I just want you to know that). I didn't look to see which one it was, it's still in place.
There's some black paint on one trim ring, should come off pretty easy, lay a cloth with thinner on it and it should just wipe off. I have no thinner at school, that's where they are.

thumbnail_IMG_2122.jpg
thumbnail_IMG_2123.jpg
thumbnail_IMG_2125.jpg
thumbnail_IMG_2126.jpg
thumbnail_IMG_2127.jpg
thumbnail_IMG_2129.jpg
thumbnail_IMG_2130.jpg
thumbnail_IMG_2131.jpg

Back