seat interchange?

swisherred

Reaction score
I cant remember where I saw it, but I think I read that there was a difference in rear seat mounting frames between the normal bench and the ones with the center speaker in the seat like in the 300s. Brackets or something? I have an opportunity to get some 300 seats and I want to make sure to get everything I need to install them after I reupholster them. This is for the 67/8 fast tops.

You will need the plastic seat surround/package tray cover that goes with the rear seat. There's a bracket welded to the metal part of the package tray where the center emblem bolts on. Can't remember if there are any other special parts for that set-up. I'll check to see if I have some pics in the archives.

Jeff

Found some pics. It's a '67 300 4 door HT, but the rear seat set-up is the same as the fast top. You'll need the center bracket, and the four clips that retain the seatback, along with the plastic surround.

67 300 package tray 1.jpg

67 300 package tray 2.jpg

67 300 package tray 3.jpg

Jeff

Someone else just did this.... @Mike66Chryslers maybe?? His was a 66, but the setup should be near identical.

'67-'68 fast tops use a different rear seat set-up than the '66 coupes did. They made the seat wider and eliminated the plastic filler pieces that went between the seat and 1/4 trim panels. A big bonus since those pieces are always broken, though I think they repop them now. '67-'68 Imperials may have retained some of the '66 set-up. I think the lower cushion fillers, but not the upper fillers. Never had a '67-'68 Fury coupe, so not sure what they did on those.

Jeff

'67-'68 fast tops use a different rear seat set-up than the '66 coupes did. They made the seat wider and eliminated the plastic filler pieces that went between the seat and 1/4 trim panels. A big bonus since those pieces are always broken, though I think they repop them now. '67-'68 Imperials may have retained some of the '66 set-up. I think the lower cushion fillers, but not the upper fillers. Never had a '67-'68 Fury coupe, so not sure what they did on those.

Jeff
Other than the brackets and clips...is the rear deck the same?

Jeff
Nice to know, thanks. (Not that I'll ever do another.):stop::D

Someone else just did this.... @Mike66Chryslers maybe?? His was a 66, but the setup should be near identical.
Yes that was me posting about this recently. From what I've found looking at 65-66 and now the pics and info that @bigmoparjeff posted in this thread, it looks like they tweaked the design every year from 65-67, so you have to watch what donor parts you grab.

Here is my first thread, trying to figure out how to install the rear seat with the package tray installed. I was missing some requisite brackets for both the package tray and the seatback.
1966 Chrysler rear seat install advice?

Here is my second thread, where I discovered that the bucket interior uses different interior side panels and I would have to modify mine to suit. You may not have this problem if they got rid of the plastic side shields for '67.
Installing rear seat to match buckets

I did this upgrade on my 67 Newport when i put the buckets in. The others comments are bang on. Almost thought the rear seat hook pics were from my car.

IMG_6583.JPG

Back