Shipping - UPS

Fed-Ex, UPS, and USPS all about the same. DHL delivers directly to the local post office for final delivery.

My experiences with shipping though is a lot of issues get blamed on the shipping company when really it comes back to how the item was packaged to begin with. Not all... There is some blame with the shipping companies for sure, but they get all the heat.

We used to ship high end equipment al over the US... We had all the right stuff to ship and we had hardly any problems even when the box looked beat up when it got there. It was packed right (Insta-Pak is a wonderful thing) and not just tossed in a box like some guys think is OK.

we had hardly any problems even when the box looked beat up when it got there. It was packed right (Insta-Pak is a wonderful thing) and not just tossed in a box like some guys think is OK.
I learned to pack things as if they were going to a war zone. Properly padded, and plenty of tape, never skimp on the tape.

Fed-Ex, UPS, and USPS all about the same. DHL delivers directly to the local post office for final delivery.

My experiences with shipping though is a lot of issues get blamed on the shipping company when really it comes back to how the item was packaged to begin with. Not all... There is some blame with the shipping companies for sure, but they get all the heat.

We used to ship high end equipment al over the US... We had all the right stuff to ship and we had hardly any problems even when the box looked beat up when it got there. It was packed right (Insta-Pak is a wonderful thing) and not just tossed in a box like some guys think is OK.
As @Big_John indicates above, I find it worthwhile to specify long sturdy plastic tubes to ship long trim parts for example from the vendors I use that supply old car parts and tell them I am more than willing to pay an extra price for that service. Specifying sturdiness of shipping I would like and being willing to pay more goes a long way with them if one can actually communicate with the seller/shipper.

I ordered cigars from a store 39 miles away. Tracking the package it traveled 326 miles and 4 days to get to me. A week later I ordered some for a friend and took a week, these traveled 624 miles. Never again.

never had issues with ups in fact just shipped a 671 blower to iowa and back other than the cost for shipping it came through fine , maybe the package just has to be a heavy item . 671 blower is @ 65 lbs . lucky the service is way less costly to build my blowers in iowa .

DSC03770.JPG

Is it a requirement by UPS that all boxes be crushed and damaged in shipment? I am in the middle of a restoration project and ordering numerous items from numerous vendors. It seems that whenever shipment involves UPS, the package arrives damaged and the items have been damaged and sometimes the contents lost. I have gotten to the point that I request that vendors NOT to ship UPS which was the case for a wooden steering wheel which arrived today, UPS; crushed and damaged. Filing a claim with them is a joke; jump through multiple hoops and they never pay the claim! Never have a problem with the Post Office or FedEx. FRUSTRATING!
My saga with UPS. 1) Steering Wheel -smashed, UPS; 2)Hood Insulation pieces of original box inside which they repackaged with a box 10 times the contents and smaller clips had fallen out and lost and UPS would not honor claim - the top, shown, was good compared to the bottom 3) Aluminum Radiator for 65 SP and not cheap, instructed them to ship Fedex; NO PROBLEM!

UPS-Steering Wheel.jpg

UPS-Hood Insulation.jpg

FedEx-Radiator.jpg

I would not use DHL; from what I have seen their drivers are all ex-cons or MS-13'ers (or look-alikes).

Surprised to hear flak about UPS. Always had good experience with them and their drivers. Fedex are more of the roughnecks of the two from what I've noticed, although I've had no bad experiences that I can remember....

Shaved heads, neck tatoos, type of music blasting, and interaction with other dudes of same description.... yeah - ex-con, current con, or general lowlife that comes onto your property to deliver a package, looks around for what could be stolen, then comes back later with his homies to commit robbery. Por favor....

It hasn't happened. Why? I don't have DHL thugs coming over.

LOL.
So you have no personal experience with what you describe?

Not the shipping company but the vendor shipped the small box on top in the box underneath

Screenshot_20220730-154159_Photos.jpg

Back