single line master cylinder to dual line master cylinder

REBELLE 300

Reaction score
do you guys think i should redo all the brake line (cooper and flex) they're 58 years old , i am going to put a new master white two lines i am thinking might as well no ?

When you replace your master cylinder from the single reservoir one that's on there now to a dual reservoir disc brake master cylinder, it won't be an option - you will need new lines from the master to the metering (proportioning) block, AND you'll do well if you get a new metering block too as they're quite different, although @Mike66Chryslers can tell you how to use your old one. The sizes of the lines and fittings are different between the two systems.

Disc/Drum metering block. For Dual reservoir systems. Drum brake metering block (what is on your car now)
1722742526164.png
1722742714605.png

If your hard lines from the metering block to the wheels are in good condition as determined with an inspection, I'd leave them alone. However, if you're at all concerned, you can buy new prebent lines from companies like Fine Lines or Inline Tube if you want to go new.

All your flex lines (both front wheels, and the flex line going to the rear axle distribution block) should be replaced.

There is a member here @mobileparts who may have all these parts new.

do you guys think i should redo all the brake line (cooper and flex) they're 58 years old , i am going to put a new master white two lines i am thinking might as well no ?

Here: A Poor Man's Master Cylinder Upgrade

All the hardware you will need to replace your suicide single pot master cylinder with a dual pot one is listed. You can use the old distribution block for your front brakes, merely purchasing a few fittings and a little tubing to attach the rear brake line to the new dual pot master.

You WILL want to replace the RUBBER lines anyway. do so by all means. IFF your steel tubes have rust, then replace them. otherwise, use them.

Back