Site Software Update ---

I knew this was coming. It was done over at FEBO first and I didn’t like it and still don’t. Of all the changes over the last 14 years I’ve been on these sites this is the one that will be the hardest to feel comfortable in. It’s just awkward to me but I get it and it won’t drive me away.

I knew this was coming. It was done over at FEBO first and I didn’t like it and still don’t. Of all the changes over the last 14 years I’ve been on these sites this is the one that will be the hardest to feel comfortable in. It’s just awkward to me but I get it and it won’t drive me away.

No real choice. Software has to be updated from time to time.

Any chance of making the difference between highlighted and not highlighted greater so us old guys can see it easier? For instance what page you're on?

Any chance of making the difference between highlighted and not highlighted greater so us old guys can see it easier? For instance what page you're on?

possibly, if I knew what you were referring to exactly

In general, I don't like change either, but the whole life means change. Something like that is called evolution.
You have to get used to it, then it's ok.

And not everything is bad;)
One thing that struck me positively is the icon that you can use to get back to the beginning of the thread immediately.
Very well done, thank you for that!

In general, I don't like change either, but the whole life means change. Something like that is called evolution.
You have to get used to it, then it's ok.

And not everything is bad;)
One thing that struck me positively is the icon that you can use to get back to the beginning of the thread immediately.
Very well done, thank you for that!

for those who do not know, he is referring to this

Screenshot_7.jpg

It’s just awkward to me but I get it and it won’t drive me away.
x2. Of all the car forums on which I am, this was my favorite for look and feel.
possibly, if I knew what you were referring to exactly
A few suggestions, if I may:
1. the font color for the links (grayish blue) is not different enough from the main font color. Very difficult to see links in the text as a result.
2. font palette -- the nice bright colors are gone, now what I see are blends of gray/color. It would be great if you could bring back a fuller palette.
3. I used to be spared seeing the ads, now I have to hide them manually.

What is the difference between "likes" and "reaction score"? Does the latter simply include "likes" and "thanks", or is it something different? I see that one member whom I follow has a much lower reaction score than he used to have "likes", hence my question.

x2. Of all the car forums on which I am, this was my favorite for look and feel.

A few suggestions, if I may:
1. the font color for the links (grayish blue) is not different enough from the main font color. Very difficult to see links in the text as a result.
2. font palette -- the nice bright colors are gone, now what I see are blends of gray/color. It would be great if you could bring back a fuller palette.
You can change the color by scrolling down to the bottom of the page and the color option will be on your left. Red, Blue, and brown are the options like before. I just set mine on red for a different look.
1641742405065.png

which ads specifically - can you tell me?
What is the difference between "likes" and "reaction score"? Does the latter simply include "likes" and "thanks", or is it something different? I see that one member whom I follow has a much lower reaction score than he used to have "likes", hence my question.
Still working on that 'system' --- and im not sure exactly how or if I will use it. Basically you get points for positive ratings and lose points for negative ratings = the reaction score.

which ads specifically - can you tell me?

See the stuff on the right? I used not to see any of that. It is distracting. Can I manually rearrange things so that I don't see it? Yes. Would I prefer not to have to? Yep...

1641744171336.png

In separate matters, it used to be possible to edit one's replies etc. by playing with text without having to worry about the visual interface. Any chance you might bring the "in-text" editing back?

Joey, a lot of pictures and video's disappeared and is replaced by this message. Why and can you reverse or restore the missing pictures and video's???

Template public:_media_site_embed_youtube not found. Try rebuilding or reinstalling the s9e/MediaSites add-on.

Last edited:
You can change the color by scrolling down to the bottom of the page and the color option will be on your left. Red, Blue, and brown are the options like before. I just set mine on red for a different look.
No problem seeing the palette. It is the color choice that I was talking about -- the "full" colors are gone, all that is left are a bunch of mixes of bright colors with gray.

See the red and blue in the above? They look like the red and blue from the latest MS Excel default choices, unlike the full "non-grayed" colors in previous editions of Excel.

To be sure we are on the same page, here is something I did just now with MS Word. Top below is the old FCBO choices, bottom is the new palette. IMHO, it is MUCH easier to see the contrast in the old choices (not to mention that pure colors look nicer to me, but that is personal taste).

1641744661587.png

If something could be done, that would be much appreciated.

Joey, a lot of pictures and video's disappeared and is replaced by this message. Why and can you reverse or restore the missing pictures and video's???

Template public:_media_site_embed_youtube not found. Try rebuilding or reinstalling the s9e/MediaSites add-on.
Can you provide an example post where this is happening, please?

In separate matters, it used to be possible to edit one's replies etc. by playing with text without having to worry about the visual interface. Any chance you might bring the "in-text" editing back?
You can still do that, the visual interface is just a wrapper around the text. You can click in to the quote to edit it.

Another thing I've noticed is the inability to see items (links) in the banners no matter which colour style I use

1641746463774.jpeg

Back