six bbl yes or no....

yay or nay..

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

CanCritter

Reaction score
have 2 days to decide wether or not to add a 6 pack l have to my 71 Fury GT build<br>
cars numbers matching with all parts present..have a 6bbl ld like to add but not shure if its the smart thing to do with a car like this..of course all parts removed would be saved for future cartaker..car will remain oem<br>
car..71 sport fury Gt loaded..u-code 440 supercomando

thanx..couldnt figure out how to post pic here so posted next post

It's not like you are chopping the top, keep the parts and enjoy the conversion.

Alan

it is no big deal.
It is easy to convert it back to the original intake and carb, just work for a few hours.
Even though it is not a lot of work I would not do it. No six barrels on 71 SFGTs made.
But I am a nerd

Would you put a shaker hood on it too?
I vote for leaving it stock, but it is your car. Being able to turn it back to stock can be done by the next guy. A single 4 bbl Carter carburetor is less hassle than the three 2 bbl Holleys, or even one Holley! I think that maybe the repop Holley 2 bbls might be made out of better metal than the original ones, so that would be a plus. I put some repops on my 6 pack Cuda many years ago, and I haven't had any problems, but then I don't drive it much. Just too powerful for my own good. Ha Ha.

Hell I would go for it !!!! :3gears:

I am thinking of doing dual quads in my 69 Sport Fury Vert

70_sport_fury_conv_blue_383_4.jpg

You only live once. WouldN't do anything that can't be changed back easily. Have fun with the car.

it is no big deal.
It is easy to convert it back to the original intake and carb, just work for a few hours.
Even though it is not a lot of work I would not do it. No six barrels on 71 SFGTs made.
But I am a nerd

I'm with the Nerd

I have a u code charger rt we converted to a 6 pack for the "cool" factor. Holley 4 barrel was MUCH easier to tune and work on and actually seemed faster. It took a learning curve on the 6 pack and it is NOT easy to change jets or pov as you have to pop the center carb off. Then no jets in the outboards to tune with unless you add aftermarket metering plates. Etc, etc. Just lots of hassle for the "look" on a non-v code car.

046.jpg047.jpgI would do it now! I have a 66' coronet with the modern six pack setup, and it is remarkably reliable, and sounds awesome. Not to mention the looks I get when I'm asked about the hood scoop, and raise the hood. especially as it is a four door sedan!

046.jpg

047.jpg

Awe hell, have some fun with it!

View attachment 38629I would do it now! I have a 66' coronet with the modern six pack setup, and it is remarkably reliable, and sounds awesome. Not to mention the looks I get when I'm asked about the hood scoop, and raise the hood. especially as it is a four door sedan!

I didn't know you had that set up or I forgot it. I really like the sleeper aspect of it. Very cool

I have a u code charger rt we converted to a 6 pack for the "cool" factor. Holley 4 barrel was MUCH easier to tune and work on and actually seemed faster. It took a learning curve on the 6 pack and it is NOT easy to change jets or pov as you have to pop the center carb off. Then no jets in the outboards to tune with unless you add aftermarket metering plates. Etc, etc. Just lots of hassle for the "look" on a non-v code car.

Interesting. I'd love to put one on my car. The six pack setup I was around (AAR) never needed any adjusting, but maybe the state of tune we were after wasn't as much. The main problem was the aftermarket linkage. Push the pedal too hard & It would hang up, and you would have to pull it back, under the hood. The car got wrecked (and then fixed) during one of those episodes. He tried to turn the engine off & the steering column locked. Going a little fast, the car went off the road on a slight turn. Obviously having the correct vacuum setup would eliminate that.

Put it on there the look is what your after, as long as it does not run like crap who cares. I have a slant six 69 b-cuda should I have left it in there, hell no BB it much more fun.

I had a Six Pack Challenger, all new carbs and linkage, never had a tuning problem and I loved the performance.

Back