Some interior lights out

67mopar

Reaction score
Hi all
drove my 67 newport custom for the first time in the dark last night, All the dash lights came on (dash, heater, radio, etc) then stopped to get gas, when i turned the lights back on the radio and heater control lights would not come back on.
would this be a ground or fuse or what? thanks in advance

If the dash lights are still working, the fuse is fine. If the radio is working, the ground is good.

Somebody is going to tell you the light dimer is screwed up, but there's no problem with it if the dash lights are operational.

That leaves the bulbs and the wiring. Odds of all the bulbs going out at once is negatable, so that leaves wiring.

A good investment is a Factory Service Manual. There's no '67 Chrysler FSM at Service Manuals – MyMopar but they do have the Dodge Polara/Monaco version.

Go under the dash, you probably need to remove the pullout ashtray/drawer deal. (If you have A/C, there will be some duct work, but I've never taken a slab dash apart that had A/C, so I can't help with that) The wire coming from the radio will have an orange and a red wire. Unplug that and check for power at the orange wire. That is your feed for the light in the radio. If there's power, then it's the bulbs, but with no power, try to trace that orange wire back to another plug or junction.

You might have "hit the jackpot" in the other bulbs not coming back on. Do the bulbs FIRST, checking the integrity of the two "wings" on the sockets, as the plastic can be prone to breaking (as an "age" situation). but keep the other possibilities in mind too.

Easiest things first.

CBODY67

Back