Some like brown some like orange

I love the look of the luggage rack on the convertibles especially. If mine didn’t already have a T/A spoiler on it I’d seriously consider one.

I had heard that the luggage rack was the same as the one used on Corvette's, anybody here know if that's true?

I've heard tale that they are different. Similar looking but different mounting measurements.

Being a somewhat early build car it might've been built before the Woodgrain door applique was on most all trim lines except the Deputies.

That is correct being a September '69 built JS27 w/vinyl seats it didn't get the wood grain. I've just learned this variance myself. I know a lot about cuda's but I now own my first chally and i'm learning a lot about them.

The bracket on the rear license plate isn't supposed to be there. That is a 72-74 part.

The bracket on the rear license plate isn't supposed to be there. That is a 72-74 part.
I remember years back when I restored my 70 Challenger I purchased an NOS rear valance, it came with that bracket, my body guy removed it. much more difficult after it's painted.

340 in 70 is non R/T, JH......
I almost bought a extra deck lid with luggage rack, for my car to haul stuff to Carlisle or the Nats then I got my Charger running now luggage space is not a issue.

340 in 70 is non R/T, JH......
I almost bought a extra deck lid with luggage rack, for my car to haul stuff to Carlisle or the Nats then I got my Charger running now luggage space is not a issue.
I love the A66 cars.:D

Yup. A66 package on base Challenger
I have a good buddy that has a hardtop.
Family owned since new, Red on red with black top.
A guy on FEBO has started an A66 registry. If you think your buddy would be interested I could pass along a link.:thumbsup:

A guy on FEBO has started an A66 registry. If you think your buddy would be interested I could pass along a link.:thumbsup:
I appreciate the offer.
John ,who owns the car, I am not sure if he is computer savvy. Being a family hierloom,the car is more of a keepsake. He knows what he has,though. It underwent a rotisserie resto about ten years ago.
Sorry no pics at work but can post when at home.
Sorry for the hijack

Red on Red! That is one of the sweetest color combos out there! I just love red interiors! Would love to see pics!
the A66 registry has a mail form as well as a computer form. If he was interested he could do it without dealing with the web. Just sayin

I have a good friend that has a A66 Challenger that's a very early build car so no woodgrain inserts on the doors, no hood callouts and no Bumblebee stripe. It has 15x7 rallye's, rallye gauges, flip top gas cap, Dual chrome racing mirrors, bodyside moldings, front bumperette's and a bench seat column shift. Another friend has a later build A66 that is a four speed stripe delete and F8 green with tan interior. They are a really cool package on the Challengers, they're a bit of a sleeper.

Last edited:
Red on Red! That is one of the sweetest color combos out there! I just love red interiors! Would love to see pics!
the A66 registry has a mail form as well as a computer form. If he was interested he could do it without dealing with the web. Just sayin
Here ya go!
th_IMG_3387[1].jpg

th_IMG_3378[1].jpg

th_IMG_3380[1].jpg

I love the color combo / bumblebee stripe !
While its a great looking car there's a lot of details that are not correct especially for an early production Challenger as the ones built before Dec of 1969 have a lot of unique parts.
Also, I am not looking to nitpick, though I'd suggest anyone interested to really look the car over.
For instance check out the trunk. Here are some of the incorrect items:
· Trunkpan has been repaired
· missing some of the factory holes / plugs
· Body filler in many areas
· There’s NO spare tire holddown bracket (which is unique to e-body converts)
· Incorrect shock tower plugs
· NO exhaust hanger bracket support plates
– so How are the dual exhaust mufflers & tips attached ??

trunk17-1.jpg

Last edited:
Back