Some more classic pictures

1F58ECED-27C6-4D55-90BB-9A54165D9C2A.jpeg

A rough 70 GS 455 conv that was bought for $500
around 1984. I helped a freind TOW BAR it home with a 69 ranchero from San Francisco to Sonoma county. Had a uni lug mag wheel pull through fall off
on freeway. Jammed up against front fender lifted car up. Ruined front suspension. Was towed home on wrecker. My freinds father would not let him keep in front of house with suspension hanging.
So we brought it a few blocks away and put it on a jack stand in front of a freinds house.
The next day a young lady coming round the corner lost control and smashed into front fender/door area that was wrecked the day before by wheel falling off. Her insurance paid out $1500 and he got to keep car. Car was then moved again to another freinds backyard where in the winter of 1984 in was involved in a major flood!!!!
After all this he lost interest in GS.
Had a offer of $1500 and sold it.
Took the $1500 insurance and the sold $1500
and bought a yellow/black stripe ram air auto 70 coronet R/T.
The GS conv was originally a triple white auto.
I always wonder if it survived?
Note daily driver 69 eliminator parked in front of GS

FCF19D53-9000-43A6-844C-2C972B931037.jpeg

Not car related, but absolutely classic:

John Philip Sousa taking a break behind the Mitchell Corn Palace in 1904. When Sousa was hired to play the Palace in 1904 and the train arrived in Mitchell, he refused to get off the train in this "rural" backwater town until he had the $7,000 in his hand to play. Sousa ended up being impressed by the crowds and added another concert each day to handle the many who flocked to Mitchell to hear him. He ended up coming back to the Corn Palace several times and dedicated his march, "The Diplomat" to the "unseen cook who had prepared that tenderloin" steak in Mitchell, SD..

248C8256-792D-423F-9B42-EC40AF5DCF2F.jpeg

Not car related, but absolutely classic:

John Philip Sousa taking a break behind the Mitchell Corn Palace in 1904. When Sousa was hired to play the Palace in 1904 and the train arrived in Mitchell, he refused to get off the train in this "rural" backwater town until he had the $7,000 in his hand to play. Sousa ended up being impressed by the crowds and added another concert each day to handle the many who flocked to Mitchell to hear him. He ended up coming back to the Corn Palace several times and dedicated his march, "The Diplomat" to the "unseen cook who had prepared that tenderloin" steak in Mitchell, SD..

View attachment 549023
I was there in April.
PXL_20220404_014102108.jpg

Back